Across From New Whataburger On Westheimer Pkwy.

KatyGuy

I noticed they have broken ground directly across the street from the new Whataburger (Westheimer Parkway/Grand Parkway) next to the bank. Does anyone have knowledge on what is going in there? Is it a fast food restaurant?

I guess no one knows. Oh well... I'll have to wait for the sign to go up.

I noticed they have broken ground directly across the street from the new Whataburger (Westheimer Parkway/Grand Parkway) next to the bank. Does anyone have knowledge on what is going in there? Is it a fast food restaurant?

There also building a childrens learning place as seen on the newquest website: http://www.newquestproperties.com/property...ochure10-07.pdf

Isn't that odd...both whataburger and taco bell will also build at the Shops of Bella Terra a mile down the road...do they think people need one at every exit?

They will be 3 miles apart. You have to remember the population density in the area just in a 2 mile radius. If you look at the Newquest link posted above, in a 2 mile radius there are currently 29k people and projected to be 39k by 2011. There are small towns that support a Taco Bell with less population. There are also a high number of teens (Taco Bell is pretty inexpensive) and families where both parents work so you have a lot of quick meals at fast food and other casual dining spots. I'm sure they will both be very busy.

This entire part of "Katy" is turiing into and has the feel of an over crowded McDonalds play area - people traffic back and forth with little regard for anyone but themselves. Makes me want to take my family and move back closer into town (Houston). If it was not for HISD, I might actually do it.

This entire part of "Katy" is turiing into and has the feel of an over crowded McDonalds play area - people traffic back and forth with little regard for anyone but themselves. Makes me want to take my family and move back closer into town (Houston). If it was not for HISD, I might actually do it.

It is getting pretty busy, but it reminds me of other large suburb communites. I've lived in Kingwood and near the Woodlands and you end up with similar things. Working families and a lot of kids involved in a lot of activies therefore everyone is "on the go" constantly. I work with several people who live close to town with kids (Bellaire, Montrose area, and Spring Valley) and from talking to them it all seems very similar to me, just a different setting.

• 5 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Across From New Whataburger On Westheimer Pkwy.

Archived