Lakes At Country Place In Pearland

TAK

OK, Prairie Haifers / Pearland Haifers, what's the story on Lakes at Country Place? Give me the GBU (Good, Bad, Ugly). I'm still feeling out Pearland as a place to move.

I have one "Ugly" already - the HOA cost is $1300 annual or something like that.

I have one "Good" - 24x7 guarded gated community

Tell me what you know... or perceive...

Thanks

TAK

I found this discussion about it on another forum. However, I can't seem to google much on the builders there. Seems to be plenty of existing homes for sale there, though.

If gated-communities are your thing, there is another new gated-section being opened up soon at Southern Trails, which is located a couple of miles further south on 288 from LaCP. More info on it can be found here. This location may be preferable, if you want to have first pick of lots. HOA dues at ST are $750, however I suppose it is possible they may jack up the dues if you will live 'behind the gate'.

I know there is another discussion thread going on here at HAIF about the pros and cons of gated-communities, so I won't comment about that aspect, but it does seem to be the major selling point of LaCP.

Isn't that a "retirement" community? Or so it was awhile ago.

No..that's the community across the street from Country Place

A friend of mine used to work at the club house at Country Place. The club house is pretty nice for parties! Big screen,nice stereo system, kitchen, gym, etc..and they have regular activities going on.

The houses there are U.S. Homes & there have been complaints about the home quality.

That's all I know B)

• The title was changed to Lakes At Country Place In Pearland

Archived