Sienna Plantation And Other Southwest Communities

Trophy Property

I am a former Realtor and longtime advertising copywriter. I currently work on the advertising account for Sienna Plantation. Perhaps you've seen the David Carr commercials on TV or the ads in local publications we've done.

Anyway, I spend a good amount of time each week researching this development and its competitors. I can tell you that you will not find a more committed development team in all of the Houston area. This translates into a community chock full of unusual amenities and real character. Retail options are still somewhat lacking, but that will change quickly as traffic patterns change, due to the Ft. Bend Parkway. I believe that any home in the price range you are discussing will prove to be a solid investment.

You should visit www.siennaplantation.com frequently to look for specials and incentives that are often available. Incentives of $5000-$15,000 aren't uncommon and they cover multiple builders in the development. I strongly suggest finding a Realtor to represent you, as well. There is no charge to you for a buyers' representative. A good one will be aware of the many specials, cash-back and incentive offers available to you and help you get the most attractive offers.

Sienna will launch a Spring tour in about a month, where as many as 25 homes will be on tour, first to Realtors, to educate them about pre-summer incentives to buyers. It will be a big event that should generate quite a buzz in the real estate community. So, get with a good Ft. Bend County Realtor and put him or her to work researching Sienna for you. The time is right and you really can't go wrong with this community. Good luck!

For what it's worth, I am a firm believer that, even though it is convenient to generalize an entire school district, it is the individual school that should receive the focus and the scrutiny. Why? Because I have seen the stereotype work FOR an undeserving school, and AGAINST a deserving school. I have seen a so-called

Isnt Sienna Plantation in Missouri city? Perhaps, you could also look at Lake Olympia. I think HW6 is ok, at least from Sugar Land upto Sienna Plantation. I havnt driven beyond that but I think thats pretty much the end of the city.

Where is that really ugly part? Is it close to BW8?

Yes, Sienna Plantation is more Missouri City than anywhere else (though, I think the town of Iowa Colony has annexation rights to parts of it. I'll have to double check). HWY 6 to Iowa Colony is fine but once you pass Sienna Plantation, it is rural industrial, and I think you've been in Texas long enough to know what that looks like.

As for Mo City. There are older parts that are more middle class than the other parts, especially along FM 2234, but even they are in decent shape--just nothnig as impressive as what you'd find in most of Sugarland. There is a nothern section along US 90-A that's an industrial/rail corridor and it's not at all pretty. But it's relatively small.

Greatwood in Sugarland is nice......homes from $130K to Millions.

Although the commute is a drag in the morning but road construction should be finished soon......like in 4 years or so :) .....woopeedoo.....that is something i look forward to.....I'll be sailing to work in less than 15 mins.

I live in Canyon Gate which borders Greatwood. The area is growing tremendously.......many projects starting up .......Memorial Hermann is planning to build a hospital on the corner of the Grand Parkway and 59.....good luck with your home searching efforts

The one recomendation I make to you is to buy a 3-5 year old home in Sienna (if you buy there). The reason being by that time the original owners probably would have fixed problems with the appliances and other things. For example some people who I know bought a house there and have had problems with the Dishwasher (which also ruined a section of their floor), their oven, their water heater, and their air conditioner, and some other less major things.

I don't really know how this compares to other suburban neighborhoods. So I couldn't tell you if this is normal or not.

If you want to wait a few more months, you COULD try the new Newland Communities development in Sugarland, on the large chunk of land on 59/90/6.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this near the Prison land that just got sold.  I am not really sure where the prison land is.

Isnt the name of this community going to be Telfair? If I am not mistaken, it is the empty land that on the south west corner of Highway 6 and US 90 (across Walmart).

By the way, I was in Sienna this weekend. Indeed, it is pretty out there.

Isnt the name of this community going to be Telfair? If I am not mistaken, it is the empty land that on the south west corner of Highway 6 and US 90 (across Walmart).

By the way, I was in Sienna this weekend. Indeed, it is pretty out there.

Out there yes. But did you like it. I really do think it is one of the nice Master Planned Communities in the Houston Area. I agree it is far.

• The title was changed to Sienna Plantation And Other Southwest Communities

Archived