Former Heinze Restaurant

katylady

• 2 months later...

Sign is up. "Paddy's One Foot in the Grill"; (brings to mind, One Foot in the Grave, cooking someone's feet, foot long hotdogs - okay, that's not so bad) but still . . .

Worst. Name. Evar!

Hope the food's good enough to get past the name.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Drove by it on Friday about 2:00 PM - it was obviously closed up. There were not any signs on the doors or anything - just no one there. An interesting side note - if you reference this thread above the original name was "Paddy's One Foot in the Grill" - take a look at the signs now. It was called something like Paddy's smokehouse and grill or something like that. I wonder if that name change a while back meant new owners.

I can't say that I am too surprised - it was a nice place but a bit expensive.

Drove by it on Friday about 2:00 PM - it was obviously closed up. There were not any signs on the doors or anything - just no one there. An interesting side note - if you reference this thread above the original name was "Paddy's One Foot in the Grill" - take a look at the signs now. It was called something like Paddy's smokehouse and grill or something like that. I wonder if that name change a while back meant new owners.

I can't say that I am too surprised - it was a nice place but a bit expensive.

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/liccom/credlaw/m_rdlist.htm

scroll down to the P's

I and my wife tried this place a couple of times. Was not really overly impressed with the food and they could not make a bloody mary to save their life, lol. Very simple drink to master. I think given the current economic climate has taken down another "fun" place to hang out on the weekends. Plus, getting in and out of that place is like attempting suicide most times of the day. I hope someone is able to come in and re-fire the place.

Go through that list and do a search on "katy" - it is surprising how many places there are on this list. It includes several places in Villagio and includes HUSH nightclub. Does this mean they aren't paying taxes? Interesting.

I noticed that, too.

Without doing more research, that list could indicate they did not pay for one month or for longer. Without really knowing the time frame being reported could make this a "rush to judgement" situation. I now for a fact that when I was doing some research, one month there would not be any reciepts reported by a certain tenant I was trying to locate, but then there was a double payment made on the next months reports. So, as I stated, they may only be one month in arears.

Archived