New High School In Sienna Plantation

shady 75

Now that the Bond has passed I wanted ask if the new HS is being built in Sienna? I keep hearing that it is.

Yes it is, the map of potential school sites has HS #11 going in Sienna. Those kids desperately need a high school, they're so deeply divided and unhappy now.

Edited by stan the man

The new HS will be built in the new section being developed by Hillwood -- the same group that developed Victory Park in Dallas, among many other prime DFW developments. Hillwood has big plans for Houston. They are going to do a lot for this city and the new section of Sienna is just the beginning.

if FBISD would have the guts and rezone right...not a big need right now.....you got one school, Willowridge, with enough space to accomodate 1,500 more students which would alleviate overcrowding at Hightower.

It didn't take long for FBISD to break Willowridge up but they sure haven't come back with a way to bring it back either...

FBISD also builds small high schools which creates this mess...I drove by Travis one day and Seven Lakes in Katy ISD a few minutes later......why is Travis so small when Seven Lakes is so massive and they are less than 10 minutes from each other?

In another 5 years, FBISD taxpayers will be on the board once again doing another high school

if FBISD would have the guts and rezone right...not a big need right now.....you got one school, Willowridge, with enough space to accomodate 1,500 more students which would alleviate overcrowding at Hightower.

It didn't take long for FBISD to break Willowridge up but they sure haven't come back with a way to bring it back either...

You can point the blame on the few hypocrites around Clements and Kempner who think their spoiled brat kids deserve more attention than Willowridge when the bottom line is the Willowridge kids are only trying to improve their standing while the Clements kids get rich off their parents. Not all Clements kids are like this, I went to Dulles but I know there are many with ties to Dulles (and Clements) who would be more than willing to bump up Willowridge, which IMHO is the most underappreciated of the high schools.

On top of that IMHO, 10% of stereotypical soccer moms would want to see more FBISD money go to Clements than Willowridge shouting "my kids deserve more than yours". Having your kids play youth soccer is supposed to be a personal sacrifice timewise and financially, not pork for the government to throw money away towards. I would have voted for the bond measure though because of the Sienna students who are divided in two between Elkins and Hightower. Sienna students apparently are feeling what the First Colony folks in the early 80s experienced before Clements popped up.

FBISD also builds small high schools which creates this mess...I drove by Travis one day and Seven Lakes in Katy ISD a few minutes later......why is Travis so small when Seven Lakes is so massive and they are less than 10 minutes from each other?

Katy and Cy-Fair are known to build big schools (and facilities) that create a feel of overwhelming suburban sprawl, which is rather ridiculous because it takes focus away from students and gobbles up land (Cinco Ranch HS looks like a prison driving along the Grand, for example). Fort Bend (and Lamar Consolidated) on the other hand build smaller schools that create a more intimate, more personal feel. Also, Fort Bend as a whole:

• conserves land
  • develops with respect to surroundings
  • promotes ethnic diversity and tolerance
  • has both a pro-business climate and a family-friendly environment
  • has a sound transportation system that for now is a mess due to all the growth taking place in FBC, and
  • wins awards for its enviable planning

That is all just my opinion, btw. And real Fort Bend residents would focus on bipartisan issues, not bickering and squabbling. I am a conservative, btw, and I believe that true conservatives would never have blown up the deficit and focus on wedge issues such as abortion that are better left to the Texas Legislature (example: I vote to ban abortion in Austin, but I vote against banning abortion in Washington because it's a states' issue). More Reagan Republicans and WD-40s (a very rare breed of Democrat) would help.

In another 5 years, FBISD taxpayers will be on the board once again doing another high school

It sounds like a possibility, most likely in the northwest of the district, which is beginning to grow like weeds. But then again, FBISD is now practically boxed in...there is not much land left for development.

Edited by stan the man

what's odd.....Willowridge opened as a majority white school (like alot of HISD schools) so alot of folks who moved into Sugar Land over the past two decades may have ties there but tend to "forget" where they came from....when blacks moved into the area, they fled like roaches when lights come on but the school was one of the few who made a successful transition from majority white to majority black in the 80s as the school actually became well-known and feared across Texas.

What FBISD hated most was when Willowridge received all of the athletic recognition, fine arts recognition and then they surpassed Kempner in math TEAMS score one year.....in typical fashion, they rally a small group of parents in the area with a pipe deam that ultimately became Thurgoood Marshall but those parents never reaped those benefits....

however, FBISD constantly rezoned areas right by Willowridge three times in 8 years and as the enrollment dropped and they never made the difference up.

If FBISD invested in 9th grade centers to balance enrollment out...all of this overbuilding isn't needed

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to New High School In Sienna Plantation