Eastwood Might Be Home

As a follow-up from the very elightening 'Eastwood vs Riverside Terrace' thread, I think an update is appropriate. After quite a bit of searching for the right combination of location, vintage appeal, and livability, my partner and I put a contract on a house in Eastwood. Fingers crossed, we will close next month, and then begin the fun. We expect to spend much of the next two years to complete the work, and have a very long wish list. The house has years of neglect to undo, but doesn't appear to have any poorly-executed remodels, outside of the shed/garage that will need to come down. Hardwood floors, good flow, decent-sized rooms, and nice surrounding homes. Seems like a good package to us. With that said, it is referral time. I have a number of referrals from friends, but there are holes to fill on my list. I would appreciate your top picks for the following:

• Junk and debris cleanup and haul-off (too much for standard 'big trash' pickup)...not really into hiring off the street
  • Metal garage teardown and removal
  • AC/Heat (need to have the units service and ducts cleaned)
  • General carpentry (need to have a few doorways made larger)
  • Electrician for the electric panel work
  • Installer for iron gate motor
  • Seamless gutter installation
  • Exterior painter (we have a reference for this, but he doesn't appear to be available)
  • Tree service (for oak tree that must be 30' high and needs serious pruning)
  • Window repair (many missing panes)
  • Plumber for a water leak in the crawl space under the house.
  • Fence removal (the house is surrounded by an iron fence that we want removed)...very salvageable, probably worth quite a bit.

Anyone you recommend for these jobs?

• The title was changed to Eastwood Might Be Home

Archived