Bissonnet/Forum Park Dr/ Woodfair?

Hey I wanted to ask if anyone is familiar with this area. What schools Elem/Middle/Highschool do the kids attend in this area. 1-10 how is the crime 10 being terrible. What type of people live here Family people...etc. and would you live here. Thank You.

On a scale of 1 to 10 it is about an 11.

Probably one of the least desirable places in Houston.

Forum Park is zoned to the Alief Independent School District.

* Best Elementary School (K-4)

* Klentzman Intermediate School (5-6)

* Olle Middle School (7-8)

For high school Alief ISD residents go to a lottery to have a high school randomly assigned. Possible choices include: Elsik, Hastings, or Taylor. Location within AISD does not affect the lottery.

With that said, stay away from Forum Park. It is a low income apartment complex community plagued with crime.

http://www.firehouse68.com/district.aspx is a wonderful explanation of Forum Park's woes.

Thank you for all your help. I was just asking because my 2nd cousin had lived there at one point and I just wanted to know how the area is doing nowadays.

The Chronicle and the local news TV stations give frequent updates on the area's progress....or lack thereof.

This is the worst place in Houston at present, even after the Fifth Ward or any other traditionally "rough" district of the city. This was/is Ground Zero for the Katrina refugees.

• 5 years later...
  • The title was changed to Bissonnet/Forum Park Dr/ Woodfair?

Archived