Vans coming to Houston? (Skateboarding)

Has anyone heard about a new Vans store coming to Houston? My son is a big skateboarder and I had heard that there might be a new Vans store coming to Willowbrook Mall. One of the other store owners told me, but I haven't been able to find any other news about it. He swears by their shoes and I always have a hard time finding a good selection in larger sizes.

Anyone else heard about it?

Nicole

Has anyone heard about a new Vans store coming to Houston? My son is a big skateboarder and I had heard that there might be a new Vans store coming to Willowbrook Mall. One of the other store owners told me, but I haven't been able to find any other news about it. He swears by their shoes and I always have a hard time finding a good selection in larger sizes.

Anyone else heard about it?

Nicole

Errr, we had one called Van's Skate Park (Huge store with a park) in the Marq*E Centre.

It has since shut down and changed into an LA Fitness.

It is not that special I guess.

Errr, we had one called Van's Skate Park (Huge store with a park) in the Marq*E Centre.

It has since shut down and changed into an LA Fitness.

It is not that special I guess.

Errrrr, She said it was coming to Willowbrook soon and was told to her by a mall employee. She didn't ask for the rudeness about the old closed park, or your opinion on whether it was special or not.

Livysmom........Tomorrow, although your son may know this already. There is a Van's sponsored Tour from 6pm to 9pm tomorrow at 510 Iowa St. in South Houston @ Southside Indoor Skate. The number is 713-946-0414. There will be Van's reps there who may or may not be able to answer your questions. Oh, and there will be PRODUCTS, lots and lots of Van's PRODUCTS there.

OOOPS ! Why didn;t I just do this for you in the first place livysmom ?

Here's a link:

http://www.vans.com/vans/news.asp?id=1425073

And yet another link for the location. It is really hard to Yahoo a map on this joint, but the link has a map, just click on location, it is off of Hwy.3 just after College.

http://www.southsideskatepark.com/contact.html

Edited by TJones

I coaxed my Dad into getting my first pair of Vans for me the very next day after seeing this movie in 1982. fasttimes.jpgTHey were just like these. Thank You Jeff Spicoli.
Thanks for the info about the Southside Vans event - I'll pass the info onto my son and his skater friends. And yes, I know all about the old Vans park that closed down - my son and husband were members and regular skaters. Pipeline bought all the ramps from Vans, but then Pipeline closed down and we are pretty sure they destroyed the ramps. So many of the skateparks have closed down (or the kids don't think they're good enough) - they mostly skate at public skate parks now. I was just hoping that if a new Vans store came to Houston, some events might come with them. There isn't much for skaters in the northwest part of the city right now.

• 2 weeks later...