Illegal Immigration - Israel

J.A.S.O.N.

What to do in a situation like this?

Israel to turn away Darfur refugees

By MATTI FRIEDMAN, Associated Press Writer

Sun Aug 19, 5:40 PM ET

JERUSALEM - Israel said Sunday it will no longer allow refugees from Darfur to stay after they sneak across the border from Egypt, drawing criticism from those who say the Jewish state is morally obliged to offer sanctuary to people fleeing mass murder.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070819/ap_on_...israel_refugees

Edited by J.A.S.O.N.

I wonder why they go to Israel. Certainly Egypt is better than Sudan, I don't understand why they continue on. Unless they're hoping that Israel is a jumping off point to the U.K., or America.

I don't see how Israel is any more morally obligated to take in the refugees than any other country. The problem here is the word "sneak." If they legally applied for asylum, it might be different. But what's Israel going to do with them? It's a small country with enough "camps" set up around the place. It doesn't have to be the Western nanny to the Middle East and North Africa.

Israel probably has a better economy, more jobs, better standard of living, etc. than Egypt. Are the refugees Islamic?

Basically the Arab Muslim government is killing off the black Christian population in Sudan. Also, the article stated that Israel has a some sort of law or policy that will not allow refugees from an "enemy" state (Sudan in this case) to take refuge in Israel, even if that means genocide is taking place. :(

Edited by J.A.S.O.N.