Bertani Ranch

Holy moly.

Oh, one thing to note: There is a minimum purchase that is higher than the value of the gift certificate. For the higher values it is double the size of the gift certificate. Furthermore, on the higher value gift certificates they impose a mandatory 18% gratuity on the full retail of the dinner. Still a good deal, but caveat emptor.

My neighbor gave the place pretty good reviews. I'm going to have to try this place.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they figured out the obvious. They have a new more reasonably priced menu listed online.

Combine this new menu with the restaurant.com coupon and you can get a nice meal for a ridiculously low price now.

I'm going to stop making excuses and give it a shot tonight. I think my wife, myself and two kids can get out of there for about $30 with the gift card. Not bad for a steak dinner!

http://www.bertaniranchsteakhouse.com/menu.html

Looks like they figured out the obvious. They have a new more reasonably priced menu listed online.

Combine this new menu with the restaurant.com coupon and you can get a nice meal for a ridiculously low price now.

I'm going to stop making excuses and give it a shot tonight. I think my wife, myself and two kids can get out of there for about $30 with the gift card. Not bad for a steak dinner!

http://www.bertaniranchsteakhouse.com/menu.html

Actually went there tonight. Just ok in my opinion. A serious ripoff at the old prices but at least they dropped prices to a more reasonable amount.

One note if you like Chicken Fried Steak. I got my 4 year old son the CFS kids meal ($4.95) and it was humongous and twice the size of my steak. The biggest kids meal I've ever seen and a helluva lotta food for 5 bucks. So basically, if you like Chicken Fried Steak you could probably order one of these babies to go for yourself... (I don't think they'll make you prove its for a kid or not...)

• 4 months later...

This place is out of business. Made it a little over a year.

I think it was obvious from the first menu they published with the $100 porterhouse and the outlandish prices, that this business was doomed to fail. Then when noone went there, they changed the menu. Then they got on restaurant.com. Then they got off restaurant.com. Then they completely changed their menu again and substantially dropped the prices. Then the started offering lunch...

Blame some of it on the bad eceonomy, but even in a good economy, I think this one wouldn't have made it long...

Looks like an expensive building. Charlie Bertani lost some serious cash on this one.