Cedar Sidings Repair

Some of the cedar siding of our house are rotted and need repair. We bought the siding material but don't have time to do it ourselves. Can anyone recommend a good contractor, not necessary a cheap one? Can you also recommend one for exterior painting, including power washing? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
Some of the cedar siding of our house are rotted and need repair. We bought the siding material but don't have time to do it ourselves. Can anyone recommend a good contractor, not necessary a cheap one? Can you also recommend one for exterior painting, including power washing? Thanks in advance.

I've also got some rotted siding on my place (built back in 1984) and a few generally rough looking places elsewhere (fascia board, etc.), though I'm not sure of rot in those locations. I think the previous owner had some shoddy work done, quite honestly. Is it best for me to go through and identify what needs replacing and buy it all myself, then hire someone else to do the work? I'm not completely helpless, but I'm definitely no handy man...

Additionally, I was considering having vinyl siding installed over the small area of my house that has the siding (~10% of exterior) - is it best to go ahead and have the wood replaced and get the vinyl later, or do some vinyl installers replace the rot as well?

Just curious if anyone else has gone through this and has any rec's... Thanks

I've also got some rotted siding on my place (built back in 1984) and a few generally rough looking places elsewhere (fascia board, etc.), though I'm not sure of rot in those locations. I think the previous owner had some shoddy work done, quite honestly. Is it best for me to go through and identify what needs replacing and buy it all myself, then hire someone else to do the work? I'm not completely helpless, but I'm definitely no handy man...

Additionally, I was considering having vinyl siding installed over the small area of my house that has the siding (~10% of exterior) - is it best to go ahead and have the wood replaced and get the vinyl later, or do some vinyl installers replace the rot as well?

Just curious if anyone else has gone through this and has any rec's... Thanks

I had to have the whole atrium in my house redone, it was originally hardiplank, replaced the hardi and I used vinyl siding over it, the contractors replaced all the rotten wood underneath after removing the hardi, and I haven't had a problem since.

I had to have the whole atrium in my house redone, it was originally hardiplank, replaced the hardi and I used vinyl siding over it, the contractors replaced all the rotten wood underneath after removing the hardi, and I haven't had a problem since.

Did you use the guy you referenced above? I guess I can just give him a call to come check it out and get a quote or something? Not sure how this process works...

Did you use the guy you referenced above? I guess I can just give him a call to come check it out and get a quote or something? Not sure how this process works...

I have used TKAT for other projects, my Atrium was done by Sears. TKAT is able to do pretty much whatever you need done, give him a call, tell him I recommended him to you.