Mustang Ranch Nixed

mrfootball

Yes, after reading this story, I would have to say that I don't believe he's a moron at all. I agree with Timmy Chan that the guy was trying to get a little "go away" money from Blackhorse.

We saw two similiar cases up near the Woodlands area. Once, when Augusta Pines was just developing its project off Kuykendahl, an adjacent landowner erected a big sign on Kuykendahl announcing a "Hog Farm and Slaughterhouse coming soon". It went on like this for a few months and then quietly the sign disappeared. I'm guessing the landowner got what he wanted from the developer.

This past year, on Gosling Road, while the Woodlands began developing their last new village called Creekside Park, an adjacent landowner decided to outfit his property also on Gosling to look like a paramilitary camp, complete with guns on the mailbox (pointing at the cars whizzing by), mannequins dressed up in camoflauge gear posed on the ground pointing fake guns at the cars whizzing by, pup tents set up in the front yard with little flags, big handpainted signs announcing the sale and purchase of guns, knives and swords along with the announcement of an airsoft & BB gun range to be opening soon. It was pretty hilarious looking and got more so as the days went by.

We all figured the owner was out to gouge the Woodlands, their next-door neighbor now, for some "go away" money because the Woodlands would not want potential buyers of half-million dollar & up homes driving past the gun place. It must've worked, because before the Woodlands signage went up, this property owned by the adjacent landowner was suddenly cleaned up almost overnight with not a trace of what had been there. Amazing...

The fact that people will do exactly what has been described (and get away with it) makes them morons. Actually it makes them pretty much scum of the earth. Their signs should have been torn up and burned without their permission. They are posting random signs on property that isn't theirs, so they don't have the right to post them let alone collect money for taking them down.

He said that a "friend" came to him with the idea. Imagine how that conversation went...

"Hey, there's a lot of nice homes going up near that lot of yours. Why don't you put a sign there that'll piss everyone off and get under people's skin?"

"Say you're gonna build a trailer park and call it the "best little trailer park in texas" and you can even name it after a famous whorehouse."

"That'll freak everyone out. They will give you money just to go away"

"Heck, they may even build you a new house."

I drove by this location yesterday and the sign had been painted over in khaki paint.

To think anyone would put something like what was being 'proposed' there is absolutely nutz. First of all, that's a nice piece of land he's got there which is rising in value. You can't see it right off Fry Rd, but you have to take a right on Mound Rd. headed towards the new Blackhorse section. There's a nice looking new shopping center and an Episcopal Church (St. Aidan's) being built right on that corner.

That whole area is abuzz with activity. Workers running around like ants, everywhere. Houses going up, earth being moved. Lines being layed, schools being built, a marketer's dream if you're trying to reach 'New Movers'.

I'm amazed at how great Bridgelands looks already. Admittedly, I'm more of a fan of the wooded-type neighborhoods found on the north side of 290, but I must say Bridgelands is going to be very nice. You can tell a great deal of care has gone into creating this community. I've noticed they've aggressively planted thousands of trees throughout the community, some decent-sized one's too. There's a rather picturesque line of hardwoods on the other side of the lake on the right that lines Cypress Creek. It seemed like just about every other car in Bridgeland had an out-of-state license plate, so it appears it'll be popular with newcomers and transplants.

The new Cypress Ranch HS looks humongous, and sits right at the entrance of the neighborhood. This school features a large nautitorium and looks to be right on schedule with construction. The athletics fields are really impressive and already complete. They've planted nice Cypress trees on the medians of the access roads to the entire school complex.

This whole corridor is nice. With the avg. home price in the low to mid $300's it is really exploding. If you were there 6 months ago you'd be amazed at how much it has grown since.

Each of the neighborhoods has its own slightly different niche. Blackhorse offers the awesome Golf Course as well as some very nice million dollar homes in the gated sections. Cypress Creek Ranch offers larger half acre to 1 acre lots. Bridgeland offers numerous lakes and hike & bike trails, disc golf, paddle boats, etc. The park that lines Cypress Creek is really beautiful. It looks like a nice outdoorsy type community. They've also managed to give the terrain a rolling feel. The streets are cozy and it features numerous roundabouts and gathering areas. Cypress Creek Lakes looks quite similar to Cinco Ranch around the lakes, differing slightly from Bridgelands in having slightly larger lots.

Thousands of really nice homes as far as the eye can see and they're just getting started.

Looking across the way from Cypress Creek Lakes and Ranch you can see the Northern portion of what will be Towne Lake. Unlike the Southern portion of that development, this part is thickly wooded, not with pine, but with hardwoods and lots of beautiful hundred year old-looking oak trees. If they're smart, they'll do everything they can to preserve as much as they can in this part of the development, it'll help them differentiate their community from the others around it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hopefully it gets heated. I mean for entertainment purposes of course. I my self am a transplant from a rural area. Not a suburb. Like ya have to drive 20 minutes to get to a grocery store rural area. I am amazed at how land owners in expansion areas over here are treated. It's almost like they HAVE to sell to the big developer because they have plans for the area. People need to deal with it. Kinda like the Hot Wells gun range. Those folks are still stayin put and living in their trailer on their land. I erspect them for not selling out. Some times you run into people that just don't wanna sell. Either the developer has to pony up with big cash or everyone else has to deal with it.

Archived