PASA's 2007 Klein ISD Demographic Study

Chris

I don't believe Klein Forest HS is as rough as Westfield,

Maybe not now. But ten years ago, KF was regarded as rougher than Westfield. Unfortunately, the change at Westfield was dramatic and has probably surpassed KF in that area.

Maybe not now. But ten years ago, KF was regarded as rougher than Westfield. Unfortunately, the change at Westfield was dramatic and has probably surpassed KF in that area.

I'm not trying to spark up any racial issues, But I believe people steriotype Klein Forest because of it's lower percentage in Caucasions than the other 3 High Schools in Klein ISD. Students at KFHS are just as smart and intelligent.

I'm not trying to spark up any racial issues, But I believe people steriotype Klein Forest because of it's lower percentage in Caucasions than the other 3 High Schools in Klein ISD. Students at KFHS are just as smart and intelligent.

Actually, KF is rougher than Westfield from what I've heard.

Quote from GreatSchools.net:

"I am a student at Klein Forest High School. I will become a senior next year. This school may have it bad times but, they all ways have the situation under control. There is always police to control the problems."

Yes, these days they do.

The days are gone when all that was needed was two unarmed 'deputy dogs' whose job it was to make sure nobody's car got broken into and make sure the traffic cones were in the right place to ensure proper egress from the school parking lots.

The context in which this particular quote was used was just so depressing.

I think ultimately the campus will benefit from smaller class sizes and more individual attention that can be made possible by a rezone.

There's police at all the high schools in Klein ISD. That's the norm. They don't have police at other high schools?

Yeah, There are Police at all 4 KISD High Schools that actually work from offices in the campus, Other KISD Police Officers work at the Police Station joined with the Annex Building, and they are assigned Intermediate Campuses and Traffic Areas near all Campuses.

Yes, these days they do.

The days are gone when all that was needed was two unarmed 'deputy dogs' whose job it was to make sure nobody's car got broken into and make sure the traffic cones were in the right place to ensure proper egress from the school parking lots.

The context in which this particular quote was used was just so depressing.

I think ultimately the campus will benefit from smaller class sizes and more individual attention that can be made possible by a rezone.

Klein Forest High School would benefit from a smaller student/teacher Ratio but the district doesn't seem to handle the situation after viewing the PASA Report. There does need to be a rezone because KFHS will be at 3,567 students after new KISD High Schools are built, but if Greenwood Forest is rezoned to Klein High School, then Klein High School would be at 3,500 students or more. Yes KFHS would be down in enrollment but we didn't solve the problem because Klein HS will be way over capacity. I don't know if anyone remembers this or not. During the creation/formation of Bond Plan 2004, Klein ISD actually considered making the current Wunderlich Intermediate a Ninth Grade campus for KFHS and building another new facility for Wunderlich. I think that would be a wise decision to consider because it would actually be a waste to build a High School in the southern portion of the district where most of all the development is complete. The Ninth Grade campus would cut about 1,300-1,500 students from the KFHS Main Buildind bringing it to nearly 2,200 students after the new High Schools are built. In this case Klein ISD would not have any major capacity issues in the HS System. If I was a KISD board Member I would strongly bring this situation up because it's not fair to have Klein Forest be majorly crowded like that and the other 5 High Schools are comfortable with Klein HS being the 2nd most crowded with only 3,003 students.

I have no idea of the racial makeup of KF. My impression of KF's reputation comes from friends who went to school there (and not all of them are white ;) )

I have no idea of the racial makeup of KF. My impression of KF's reputation comes from friends who went to school there (and not all of them are white ;) )

Klein Forest HS is mostly African American, Hispanic and then a smaller percentage of Caucasions and Other.

• 9 months later...
It would seem fair to construct another Intermediate Campus in between the Wunderlich and Klein Zone. Even when it comes down to the Elementary planning, New Elementary schools are planned throughout the entire northern part of the district, but not one in the south portion. In 2012-2015 a number of Elementary schools in the south part of the district exceed over 1,000 students, You would think they would plan atleast 2 new Elementary schools in the south, I don't think the south portion of the district is as of a big deal as the northern portion of the district to Klein ISD.

They also need to build a high in South portion.

There's police at all the high schools in Klein ISD. That's the norm. They don't have police at other high schools?

There's no police at Klein high. :angry:

Archived