Mobility Response Team

Latest launch by the City of Houston to combat traffic snarls.

This would have been handy last week when that load of concrete shut down the West loop.

For details, see press release: http://www.houstontx.gov/mayor/press/20070705.html

They're just restricted to surface streets, though. That's where most of the gridlock really forms, particularly in downtown. I think it's an excellent idea. Now if they can only have a "intersection box" ordinance.

They're just restricted to surface streets, though.

Exactly. Everybody was restricted to the surface streets when the Loop shut during morning rush.

Now if they can only have a "intersection box" ordinance.

Do you mean a "don't enter the intersection unless you can go all the way through" ordinance? They did finally pass one of those a few years ago. I've actually seen it enforced, too.

Exactly. Everybody was restricted to the surface streets when the Loop shut during morning rush.

Do you mean a "don't enter the intersection unless you can go all the way through" ordinance? They did finally pass one of those a few years ago. I've actually seen it enforced, too.

"Don't Block The Box" is one of the recent laws that New Yorkers complain the most about -- but it works and has resulted in traffic moving where once it stood still.

Archived