Does anyone know if you can build a pool in a building setback? You can pave a setback but I don't think you can put a pool in one?

I want to add a community pool in a small development I am doing and the city is saying the little 2 lane street is a major thouroughfare? That means a 25 foot setback.

Does anyone know if you can build a pool in a building setback? You can pave a setback but I don't think you can put a pool in one?

I want to add a community pool in a small development I am doing and the city is saying the little 2 lane street is a major thouroughfare? That means a 25 foot setback.

a community pool. if i'm not mistaken, i think the answer to your question would be no. you can not build within the setback. that is y they make it a setback in case one day the city has to back to run lines or what not.

you can call the city to make sure but i'm almost certain they are going to say no.

oh, but b4 i forget. i'm not familiar with your project, but you may be able to apply for a variance to build within the setback.

best of luck on ur project!

Edited by TexasArchitect

Maybe if you included the street we'd be able to help more. There are a lot of streets in the Heights that are 2 lane but 'major' thoroughfare's for the Heights residents.

nm...found it. Rusk and St. Charles I'm guessing? Well I would consider Rusk major, but probably not St. Charles given it's a whopping 10 block street. However, that close to downtown they're not going to let anyone build on the setbacks I would guess.

AJ

Edited by AJXterra

Its actually on Polk. The crappy thing is that Perry has some homes build contigous to this site and they certainly are not in a 25' setback. Evidently the city changed its stance on setbacks in regards to major thouroughfares in the last year? Thats what my platting company is telling me? The pool would have been awesome for this project. Looks like I will offer some extra parking instead?

their are all kinds of rules regarding setbacks that vary based on the type of row or access easment you are platting, whether it will be public or private, contain or have adjacent public or private utility lines and where it is located. You want to look for chapter 42 of coh subdivision code for rules and regulations regarding platting for this info. I think you may be able to get it from the city's public works website.