The Beer Barn On Ella Blvd.

terrbo

hiy'all.. greetings from Dallas.. where the husband and I are here for horror convention, Texas Frightmare Weekend.

anyhoo.. I'm pretty active in myspace, and this gal I met there, now in Florida, was a long time bartender at this place I went to a few times for the Country Sunday shows this guy by the name of Cisco Smith produced (I think that's the guy).. and she's a childhood friend of former Houston blues musician Alan Haynes. And.. she's coming to Houston next month!

anyway.. it was a fun place... but can't remember exact location.. Ella and something?

Is it still around? Anyone went there??

• 3 weeks later...
The only Beer Barn I know of was a drive through liquor store located on Richman in Sharl]pstown. But I did find this, even though it's not too helpful:

http://www.noplacebuttexas.com/george/geohou.htm

Peace.

wow, great link, thanks! My Beer Barn bartender friend is coming to Houston (from Fla.) next weekend. I believe this place was on Stonecrest in Oak Forest area!

I don't remember the bar either. The Beer Barn I remember was also a liquor store on Hogan just east of N. Main.

joe

well, it truly was a bar that ended up having live music. I went there once or twice in the mid 70's and a friend of mine from my Houston music discussion group has a t-shirt from Beer Barn. I'm gonna ask my buddy (former bartender there) more questions about it this coming weekend!

• The title was changed to The Beer Barn On Ella Blvd.

Archived