Motion Picture Studio Near Astrodome

spikey2

Do anyone know what happened to the Motion picture Studio that was built in Houston back in the 80's. It was over by the astrodome and was suppose to make Houston the 3rd Coast for Filming.

Do anyone know what happened to the Motion picture Studio that was built in Houston back in the 80's. It was over by the astrodome and was suppose to make Houston the 3rd Coast for Filming.

Actually, yes I do. In fact I was hoping it would happen so I could get a job there. It was supposed to be built out by Kingwood -- off 59 North. I think the company that was planning to have it built gave up and went out to California where they ended up using the dome the old "spruce goose" was housed in as the studio.

They were never planning on using the Astrodome. However, the plan was to build a dome-shaped studio.

I met some of the people who worked for the company and I was trying hard to get my leg in the door. But, alas, none of it was meant to be...

Last I heard, there was another company trying to put something like this together over near 288 South...but I have not heard anything on that either in a couple of years. Not sure if it got off the ground or not...

Actually, yes I do. In fact I was hoping it would happen so I could get a job there. It was supposed to be built out by Kingwood -- off 59 North. I think the company that was planning to have it built gave up and went out to California where they ended up using the dome the old "spruce goose" was housed in as the studio.

They were never planning on using the Astrodome. However, the plan was to build a dome-shaped studio.

I met some of the people who worked for the company and I was trying hard to get my leg in the door. But, alas, none of it was meant to be...

Last I heard, there was another company trying to put something like this together over near 288 South...but I have not heard anything on that either in a couple of years. Not sure if it got off the ground or not...

Actually, I believe it's located right on Belfort almost due south of the Dome. I had a client there last year and only talked to him briefly about where he worked and he mentioned that it was a studio. Didn't think too much of it at the time, though.

• The title was changed to Hollywood In Houston
  • The title was changed to Motion Picture Studio Near Astrodome

Archived