Klein ISD & Spring ISD Offering Public Summer Tours

Chris

This Saturday June 9, 2007, The Spring ISD and Dekaney High School Administration will host a tour for the general public to come and get a first hand look at the new facility. Dekaney High School features approximately 486,000 square feet and designed around 4 Grade Level Houses. This facility along with the new Carl Wunsche HS are signature facilities for Spring ISD. Dekaney High School will hold 2,500 students at it's capacity.

On August 8, 2007, The Klein ISD, Krimmel Intermediate School Administration and Northwest Chamber of Commerce will host a Grand Opening and Tour event for the general public. Administrators want the community and public to come out and get a first hand look at the district's first full functioning campus designed in Grade Level Houses and a 1-1 wireless computer ratio. Krimmel Intermediate School features about 177,000 square feet and is once again designed around 3 Grade Level Houses. On August 27, 2007 approximately 1,200 students will start off the Krimmel Knights tradition.

Yeah, I believe Spring HS and Westfield HS hold more than 2,500 students at capacity. I think Dekaney will have at least 3,000 students by it's 3-4 year of existance.

I went to check out the new Dekaney High School today and I have to say it's some of Spring ISD's best work. The building is absolutely beautiful. It has so much detail. The theme of the building is a lodge, so there is lots of natural wood throughout. There are so many advanced and inovative technology inputed into the design of this facility. There are no lockers. The school has a wireless network system. It's just an awsome facility, hopefully Klein ISD comes with something on that level when they design HS #5. If you were to compare Klein Collins HS and Dekaney HS, Dekaney would win in detail and innovative technology. Klein Collins would win in size and physical apperance. Check out construction pictures at SpringISD.org.

• The title was changed to Klein ISD & Spring ISD Offering Public Summer Tours

Archived