Canon EOS Rebel XT

I'm about to buy a canon rebel XT. I would like to know if any of you have had any experience with this camera. Pros? Cons? Right now I still have the old Sony Mavica with the floppy. Its done its job and now on to bigger and better. Any advice would be appreciated.

While I don't own that particular model, I've owned several Canons over the years, both digital and film, and been extremely pleased with their products.

Thanks for the feedback. I own a canon rebel 35mm but have never had a full size canon digital. I had one of the small digital and took it back after a week as it was a piece of junk. The batteries lasted no time at all. Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback. I own a canon rebel 35mm but have never had a full size canon digital. I had one of the small digital and took it back after a week as it was a piece of junk. The batteries lasted no time at all. Thanks again.

Going from the floppy Mavica to the Rebel XT is like going to a VW Beetle to a TransAm. You will be pleased.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I'm sure now I've made a good decision. Some friends were trying to talk me into the Nikon d-40. I do like Nikon but I like Canon better. Whats the battery life like on these?

I have a rebel XTi and it rocks. Check out my flickr photstream for lots of examples!

Wow Jax.. Great photos. Cant wait to do something like that myself.

Mine was about $650 on Amazon.com with a discount because I got a credit card with them. Wow, now it's $590 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Rebel-...9806&sr=8-8

I have heard lots of good stuff about the Nikon D40 but I heard its only marginally better than teh XTi and costs a whole lot more.

Battery life is good, its not incredible but good enough for me. I can fill up my 2 GB card and not run out of batteries (that's with no flash though). You might want to buy a backup though just inacase. You can get them cheap on eBay. Since its a popular camera, accessories like that are not hard to come by.

Archived