Yortown St. And West Alabama St.

JFC

well, i'll be damned. thanx...

actually, i'm glad it's not going to be a neighborhood full of mcmansions or another strip center.

Well, I was looking at the area. It is the all-purpose area. You will have a residential area, a school, storage center, tire repair, nail shop, strip club, celluar store, and a "stress-relief" place all in that little area.

Well, I was looking at the area.  It is the all-purpose area.  You will have a residential area, a school, storage center, tire repair, nail shop, strip club, celluar store, and a "stress-relief" place all in that little area.

yeah, i live on yorktown and it's a convenient area.

hisd has been talking about a school at that location for almost 10 years so it's great they finally made a plan. the neighborhood known as "st. george" is the old lamar terrace addition - i used to live there from '95 - '98 on lampasas street. my younger son was starting school and pilgrim elementary was a nightmare. briargrove was full so i found the school at post oak which was at the time known as the briargrove charter school. the school was located inside the post oak y and it was very unique because they ymca interacted with the school by providing phys ed, and there was only 10-12 students per class. they also had multi-grade classes which worked out for kids a little ahead or behind. the briarmeadow charter school built their own school where the old hisd tech center was located, on dunvale between richmond and westpark and expanded the school from k-8th grade. the school at post oak was then established in the post oak ymca and drue mcclure was a very kind and creative principal. it's good to see the school expanding but it's a little sad to see it leave the y. what's even sadder is the prospect of hisd middle schools for the west district. if you're not fortunate enough to come from a small private niche that belongs to grady your kid will be tossed to the wolves at revere, which is far away past the beltway on briarforest. i chose the virtual school for my son's middle school until i found he could jump on metro and go to lanier/lamar. this was never revealed by hisd, only by TEA when i went to austin with photo's of grady and revere and asked why one school had 600 students and the other 1400.

debmartin

• The title was changed to Yortown St. And West Alabama St.