The Calais At Courtlandt Square: Multifamily At 3210 Louisiana St.

Double L

Does anybody know how much the Calais at Courtland Square go for?

They were on my list of properties my locator provided me this summer when I was apartment hunting. I never did visit them though because they were on the higher end of my list price wise. I seem to remember one bedroom, one bath units starting for around $1000-1100, but don't hold me to those numbers.

If you try apartmentguide.com or forrent.com, they are probably on one or both sites. You can also check out apartmentratings.com. It is a site where people can post WHATEVER they want about the apartments they live(d) in.

Of course you have to take some comments with a grain of salt.

If you try apartmentguide.com or forrent.com, they are probably on one or both sites.  You can also check out apartmentratings.com.  It is a site where people can post WHATEVER they want about the apartments they live(d) in.

Of course you have to take some comments with a grain of salt.

Apartmentratings.com could be a great site but I really don't like it that much. As with many other review sites, the people who are perfectly happy don't even seek out such a place to tell everyone they love where they live. Those who are pissed off for whatever reason write pages and pages of reviews, making every property listed look like a dump. I checked it out when looking for a new place and found very little positive. However I really liked a couple of the properties I visited that had negative reviews. Only one property (Estates at Memorial Heights) did I see real evidence on the property that supported the negative reviews. The complex I ended up choosing has no reviews on that site; quite possibly that's because I've found very little to complain about here. It's extremely quiet -- that's the benefit of having lots of doctors and med students around -- safe, there's more than ample parking, and management does an excellent job of maintaining the property. If people aren't given lots of reasons to yell and complain, they typically don't post a lot on review sites like that one.

I went last weekend with my friend looking for a one bedroom. They quoted her a price of $970 a month (they are "usually $1300" said the woman showing us the apartment). I'm sure the price depends on location and view, too. The apt was absolutely gorgeous (hardwood floors, awesome layout, great amenities), and my friend fell in love with it. Also, I think it was around 700 sq feet? Not entirely sure about that.

Also, I asked about the large apts with the curved windows that you see driving towards the apts (they look really cool). She said those are usually $2300, but were on special for $1700.

• The title was changed to The Calais At Courtlandt Square: Multifamily At 3210 Louisiana St.