Grant Road Construction

hardygirl

Looks like they finished construction on Grant Rd. (between Jones and Lakewood Forest). I like the improvement from 2 lanes to 4 with the median - it seems safer now. Im just wondering if there are plans to continue with the 4 lanes further west towards Grant and N. Eldridge intersection, Malcomson, Kluge, etc. How can we find out?

Guest Marty

Is this part of the Harris County 2005 bond election? There is a lot of county roads that are going from 2 to 4 lane roads like Aldine Westfield from south of Greens Bayou to 1960 . There's a link somewhere on here but Google "Harris County Bond 2005 election" but the government web sites are slow to up date.

It is a definite improvement as that stretch was very dangerous with that steep ditch and the big trees that lined it (they appear to have made an effort to keep the trees along the road). I do like that all of the road expansions in the area create boulevards with medians. It makes for an aesthetic looking thoroughfare, but more importantly a SAFER road.

I was very pissed off at seeing what they did to Huffmeister, especially near my neighborhood as it was a pretty tree canopied 2-lane road. There were some really beautiful trees along that stretch where the horse farms are. They cut down the trees in the easement last year, but have yet to begin the widening project. It looks really crappy right now, until they begin the roadwork. Same deal going on with Spring Cypress. Still, it won't be as bad as I thought, as there are still plenty of trees along these roadways...thought not as quaint as it used to be.

We need to make sure the County replants in those medians (they supposedly wait 1-year for the contractor warranty to expire before planting).

• The title was changed to Grant Road Construction

Archived