Obvious Blunder?

Has anyone else noticed the townhomes on the north side of Beltway-8 South just after passing 59? The ones I'm refering to are now boarded up and most likely looking at being demo'd soon. They went up about 2 or 3 years ago and I have never noticed any signs of occupation.

As soon as they were being built they made me look at em sideways. First off they are out in the open but built tall and featureless as if they were ment to be on a crowded block. Secondly they offered a less than optimal view of Beltway 8. (unless thats your bag, man!)

Anyone know anything about them?

(Oh yeah they are Beige if that helps :P)

Has anyone else noticed the townhomes on the north side of Beltway-8 South just after passing 59?

I can't think of anything near 59, but I recall structures fitting your description near BW8 south and Post Oak, just north of BW8. I remember thinking the same think as you. Why are they so tall and narrow? And they appeared to be very cheaply built. Of course, that area is already well-decayed so a couple of instant slum buildings would have no adverse impact.

I haven't driven through there lately so I can't comment on what has happened recently. I have no idea who or what is behind those structures.

• 2 weeks later...

Also at Post Oak and BW8 on the south side there is a HUGE new division of small homes all crammed together... looks like Pottersville from 'Its a Wonderful Life'. Any idea about these?

I had thought it was a parking lot full of movable homes (thats how tightly together they are) but then I noticed that there were driveways and streets involved. Kinda makes me shutter.

Maybe military housing?

You think this is bad? In Hong Kong, they are tearing down a few BRAND NEW- NEVER occupied condo towers, for some reason...