Terrazzo Restoration

Been lurking around on this forum for quite a while. I finally purchased my first home so I decided it was time to finally register! On to my question:

Can anyone recommend a company that restores/refinishes terrazzo tile?

I recently purchased a home in Lazybrook with a Terrazzo front entry. The tile is green and extremely dull. From what I have gathered online the green color may be a stain applied on the top coat. Does anyone have any experience working with this material?

Edited by Justin2002

I used International Stoneworks. They did a pretty good job restoring terrazo in a bathroom that had been covered in vinyl tile for 30 years.

http://www.intlstoneworks.com/

EDIT: When I had my consultation with the representative of this company, I was just starting out with a bathroom re-do. He said that the terrazo restoration should be the last thing I did. So I waited until after we painted to have his guys come out. MISTAKE. Their machines scraped off much of the baseboard paint. Had I been thinking AT ALL, I would have realized that would have happened, but I just blindly followed his advice.

Edited by nativehou

Thanks for the heads up. I actually found this company yesterday searching on Google and already gave them a call. So far they are the only company I have found in Houston that does this type of work.

If you don't mind me asking, what was their price per square feet?

If you don't mind me asking, what was their price per square feet?

They had a minimum square footage charge, which I didn't quite meet, but had to pay anyway. I think I paid $850 -- cringe. I found some other guy in a neighborhood paper (don't remember the name), and he probably would have been cheaper. But he said it would take two days and International Stoneworks did it in one day. That made the difference -- I didn't want to take two days off of work just for that.