Chicago weather sucks!

currently i'm in chicago for the Astros' series with the cubs, went to yesterday's game and it was a blast!

Today, looked pretty bleak as I looked over the river towards the Trump Tower construction site and saw snowflakes raining down.

I hope to have some pictures when I get back into town tomorrow (if they don't cancel/delay our flight AGAIN).

See you guys later, was getting the shakes not reading the forums.

Ciao for now!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's dumb that they cancel baseball games for weather. If football players can do their job in rain, snow, sleet, even fog, so should the baseball players. They make a bazillion dollars a year. They should stop acting like little girly men and do their jobs. Baseball might actually not put people to sleep if the weather made things more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
Just gotten around to putting my pics online from my trip

If you're interested, here is the link.

Be kind, I'm a fat 40 yr old. :)

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/ric...cago/?start=all

Thanks for the pictures ricco67. Next to Houston, Chicago is my favorite city, had happy days there years ago while attending Northwestern. You are right though, the weather can be rough.

Looks like you stayed at the old Hotel 71. Funny, because that's where I stayed when I lived in Houston and visited Chicago on vacation.

actually, I stayed at Club Quarters right next to Hotel 71.

The rooms were unbelievably small!

The startling thing was how how hot the rooms were. We doubt if we'd stay there again, but we might hit the hotel next door, though.

actually, I stayed at Club Quarters right next to Hotel 71.

The rooms were unbelievably small!

The startling thing was how how hot the rooms were. We doubt if we'd stay there again, but we might hit the hotel next door, though.

The Hotel 71 next door (now being re-branded as Hotel Solias or something) is nice. Kind of like a W, but not part of a chain. The problem is that there aren't enough elevators in the building, so in the morning you could wait 15 or 20 minutes to leave your room.

In one of those pictures you can see Vince Vaughn's building, Oprah/John Cusak's building, and my current home right in between.

Well now! if I would have known, I would have knocked on your building. :)

I hope to be back in chicago later this year or next for another game.

We looked at Hotel 71 thought about it, but we got an excellent deal at QC, though.