Opinions on MDGI builder?

icanluv2

I've always been a HUGE fan of their houses. They look really high quality, unique, and seem to sell pretty quickly. They also do custom homes. I've been in a couple of their townhouses, and they always WOW me. :) I talked to them about one of their houses (on Wichman), and they were very willing to work with us on ammenities and price.

Check out their website, if you haven't already.

• 1 month later...
any posters bought a home from them yet? im thinking about it and wondering how much lower on the list price i can get for it...

On average, there is not much negotiating room and their townhomes sell for close to asking price. However, that's not to say that there aren't deals to be had from time to time. Unless there has already been a decent price reduction, you can probably strike a better deal on a unit that has been completed and sitting for a while.

Looking in MLS, 1014 Wichman had an estimated completion date of 10/2006. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I know that they have been around for a while. There's probably more negotiating room on that one than the ones on Knox, which have an estimated completion date of 5/2007.

None of the MDGi homes on Knox have closed in MLS. Some builders will negotiate the BTSA, others will not. Builders get a lot of sales through Realtors so it's a double edged sword for them. Many are reluctant to bite the hand that feeds them, while others don't care as long as they sell a home.

i wondered why Wichman Lofts were still on market... so I did a search on HCAD... List price on homes is from 299K, and the appraisal value is only ~237K. Thats a big difference, especially if the bank won't loan people over appraisal value...

i wondered why Wichman Lofts were still on market... so I did a search on HCAD... List price on homes is from 299K, and the appraisal value is only ~237K. Thats a big difference, especially if the bank won't loan people over appraisal value...

HCAD's appraisals have little to do with market value. Their appraisals tell you what your taxes will be, otherwise they're useless. Case in point, my neighbor's condo was appraised at approximately $150K (without homestead caps). It just sold for $350k. Your lender will conduct it's own appraisal, which in this instance will almost certainly be considerably higher than HCAD.

The owner is a UH graduate.

Su is doing U of H college of architecture proud B) i love contemporary and I feel Su accomplishes this well. I say buy!!! :)

After I graduated from U of H i heard that Su set-up a scholarship for first generation immigrant students at the University of Houston who attend the college of architecture. now that is good stuff.

HCAD's appraisals have little to do with market value. Their appraisals tell you what your taxes will be, otherwise they're useless. Case in point, my neighbor's condo was appraised at approximately $150K (without homestead caps). It just sold for $350k. Your lender will conduct it's own appraisal, which in this instance will almost certainly be considerably higher than HCAD.

i just hope when the appraisal does happen, it is well over the buy price so the bank can give me that loan.. no real way to be certain until that happens.. and i believe theres sometimes the appraisal value is below market value... inflated prices..

None of the MDGi homes on Knox have closed in MLS. Some builders will negotiate the BTSA, others will not. Builders get a lot of sales through Realtors so it's a double edged sword for them. Many are reluctant to bite the hand that feeds them, while others don't care as long as they sell a home.

1611 A Knox isn't listed any longer... know how much it went for?

Archived