Did Kickerillo Develop All Of The Kelliwoods?

Were the cheaper Kelliwood subdivisions like Kelliwood Gardens, Terrace, Place also built by Kickerillo?

I know Kickerillo builds have a spotty reputation. If he did build these subdivisions, are these cheaper houses likely to be the ones people complain about in general?

Compared to houses of the same age and size in Cinco Ranch, houses in these subdivisions seem like a good deal.

Please enlighten me!

Kickerillo's reputation has stayed as clean as it is because he always "fixes' his screw-ups. I've known him for 31 years. Don't care for him, wouldn't buy a dog house from him. He is to houses what Tillman Fritatta is to restaurants.

For some reason, i seem to think Tillman is connected to the mob. His face is just devious. How many eateries does he own? A few thousand....lol

For some reason, i seem to think Tillman is connected to the mob. His face is just devious. How many eateries does he own? A few thousand....lol

Methinks you should read up on the Fertitta family. :D Many speculate this is why they were run out of Galveston in the 70's-80's. A good book is Galveston- A History of the Island by Gary Cartwright. Terrific info on the feuds between the big families down there.

• 1 month later...
Methinks you should read up on the Fertitta family. :D

I know virtually nothing about the Fertitta's, but let's not forget the wonderful quote by Honore de Balzac..." Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."

Amazingly true in many cases. The Kennedy's - bootlegging, The Bush's - bankrolling the Third Reich.

Yeah, uh their fortune had more to do with Joe Kennedy having a hunch that the cessation of international trade as a result of protectionism would create a massive recession. He got out of the stock market before the collapse in 1929.

And I have only heard inklings about this 3rd Reich stuff, but it strikes me that such an investment would probably have been ill-advised and unprofitable. High default risk. If you've got more information, I'll read it.

I know virtually nothing about the Fertitta's, but let's not forget the wonderful quote by Honore de Balzac..." Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."

A very quotable line, but doesn't mean much.

Prescott Bush and some fellow Bonesman (Harriman, etc)...Here's a Guardian article delivering a tamed down version of the story with help from the National Archive:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1312540,00.html

PS - Feel free to move this thread to the 'other' topics as this doesn't have much to do with Kickerillo or Katy.

Edited by mrfootball

• The title was changed to Did Kickerillo Develop All Of The Kelliwoods?