Troubles in South Beach

According to this article; there seems to be a shake out in the south beach area with condo development.

My theory is that Because it's been labeled as a tourist mecca and a place for the wealthy to play, this might make them more vulnerable to the whims in that particular market.

Houston has resisted the "Tourist" label and I don't believe Houston will fall Prey to such whims of speculators such as this. Because Houston is a city in which commerce is important as well as several other major industries.

According to this article; there seems to be a shake out in the south beach area with condo development.

My theory is that Because it's been labeled as a tourist mecca and a place for the wealthy to play, this might make them more vulnerable to the whims in that particular market.

Houston has resisted the "Tourist" label and I don't believe Houston will fall Prey to such whims of speculators such as this. Because Houston is a city in which commerce is important as well as several other major industries.

Agreed, we have a pretty decent balance of energy, business, industrial, tourism, and medical.

You can't beat that. ^_^

• 2 months later...

Condos are the first thing to fall off when the market turns. Florida and especially Miami have been way over priced for a few years. This wont happen in Houston because its not a major attraction like Miami. Houston will have its own turn based on people moving in or just not buying.