Opinion Please of Pecan Grove

GOLDEN85

• 3 weeks later...

My family grew up there and my sister ended up buying a house there as well. My parents live in the original section, about half a mile from the country club. From what i remember there were different levels of club membership depending on what amenities you wanted to use. pool, restaurant, tennis and golf.

There is alot of new retail space that recently became available and the number of decent restaurants has grown quite a bit. The neighborhood randalls is currently being renovated (finally) and should be pretty nice once its finished.

The neighborhood has quietly exploded over the past 10 years, sadly there are a ton of cheaper neighborhoods being built on the roads leading into pecan grove so the traffic will be out of control soon, but that was bound to happen.

If you have or plan to have kids, the local elem school is pecan grove elementary (if you move into an FBISD zone) and its great. my two kid sisters went there, and now my nephew attends. Great school with great programs for the kids.

Overall though its a great neighborhood with a pretty good HOA, had some good times there growing up. My parents keep nagging me to leave downtown and return to pecan grove, they even offered to buy us a lot!

hope that helps

• 5 months later...
What are the g

eneral opinions of Pecan Grove and the Country Club? What about prices for membership for the CC as well. I am considering purchasing a house in Pecan Grove.

I lived in Pecan Grove with my parents when i was in high and college. we lived right on the golf course. It was pretty cool. The people are really nice and the country club is cool. They had to rebuild the club about 15 yrs agao bc they had a really bad fire. Luckly no one was hurt, but the place was badly damage. I would recommend it to anybody who have a family to raise.