WHy No I-10 Expansion Downtown

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

They are going to expand I-10 from 610 to HWY6 with HOTlanes. My only question is why aren't they doing it all the way into DOwntown. The 910-DOwntown segment would be the most used. Everyone's trying to get DOwntown. There are alot of lanes there already, all they'd to do is use someof them for toll.

That or better yet take some of them away and put train tracks in the middle. And then on top of that of the HOTlanes. Truely innovative. I'd think TXdot would see that inbetween 610 and DOwntown is where we really need them.

I-10 between downtown and 610 is just fine at 10 lanes. It's the I-45 interchange that needs to be rebuilt. Right now, EB I-10 traffic has to execute the infamous leftward megaweave just to stay on I-10, and not be forced off at Hardy or merged into oblivion. This backs up traffic past Studemont during evening rush hour. Cars from SB I-45 exiting to SB US59 and from NB45 to NB59 don't help either, having to merge across the entire freeway. Increase I-10 through capacity to 3 lanes, and have collector lanes directly connecting I-45 to US59.

Edited by desirous

• 3 weeks later...