Bobcats In Cinco Ranch/ Katy Area

Urbannizer

I am highly skeptical that they've seen a wolf...

Wolves have been eliminated from Texas for 40 years. And even before then, their range was in south and west Texas, not the Houston area.

A few trickle in from Mexico, just like mountain lions and bears, but those are in south Texas.

Wolves have been eliminated from Texas for 40 years. And even before then, their range was in south and west Texas, not the Houston area.

A few trickle in from Mexico, just like mountain lions and bears, but those are in south Texas.

There were plenty of wolves in East Texas when I used to go hunting there 25 years ago.

I've seen wolves on a number of occassions in the Addicks reservoir, and I know the difference between a wolf, and a coyote.

Well beileve it or not, Mountain lions are moving back north int Texas and SW states from Mexico.

Also Wolves are still in Texas.

I just saw this. Unless your dog is really a rabbit or a ground squirrel, you have nothing to worry about and a real bobcat is definitely more scared of people than they should be of it. I love how city folk get all worked up over wildlife. There was a coyote in Memorial Park recently and people acted like it was a hungry grizzly bear stalking the jogging loop.

This is the best quote of the whole article:

I've seen wolves on a number of occassions in the Addicks reservoir, and I know the difference between a wolf, and a coyote.

Where? Specifically.

Me: Wolves have been eliminated from Texas for 40 years... A few trickle in from Mexico, just like mountain lions and bears, but those are in south Texas.
Well beileve it or not, Mountain lions are moving back north int Texas and SW states from Mexico.

You seem to be trying to disagree with me, but in fact you are just repeating exactly what I said.

Edited by John Rich

Saw a cougar (or mountain lion, or puma, what have you) just last November just outside of Gatesville in Coryell county in central Texas. That is far from far west Texas.

Hey Westguy,

I am originally from Gatesville and still own a country place near Pearl. Bobcats are pretty common, but I haven't seen a mountain lion in years, but I wouldn't doubt it. What part of Gatesville area did you spot this animal? Just curious.

Hey Westguy,

I am originally from Gatesville and still own a country place near Pearl. Bobcats are pretty common, but I haven't seen a mountain lion in years, but I wouldn't doubt it. What part of Gatesville area did you spot this animal? Just curious.

On a ranch that is really closer to Purmela. It's a pretty rare sight I understand.

• The title was changed to Bobcats In Cinco Ranch/ Katy Area