Who will the Dems. back for the Presidential nod ?

TJones

John Edwards announced he's running, and to be frank, I'm not sure if he has a strong chance should the Reps bring in someone with stronger name recognition like Colin Powell (who I don't think is running), Condolezza Rice (who I also don't see running for prez. VP maybe), Gulianni (who I think could be in a cabinet, but it's hard for me to see him risk his legacy after his good name after 9-11) and a couple others. John McCain in my opinion has the best chance for the Republicans to win. He's been the most consistant voice since the beginning of Bush's term in terms of his ideas, has been heard, and seems to have more of a bi-lateral approach.

I think if Obama or Hillary Clinton ran for the Democrats, they'd have a very healthy chance at winning the presidency. If they ran TOGETHER as President/VP (particularly Obama for President, and Hilary as VP), it'd almost be a guaranteed win for the Dems in '08 chance for the Republicans to win. A lot of conservatives seem not to like Hillary because of her chances to win. Obama's a popular dude as well.

I'm not talking about who I'd vote for, because anything can happen in two years, but I'm just brainstorming who'd have the best chances of winning if elections were held today.

Archived