Clear Lake Eckerds On Bay Area & El Camino St.

Htowngirl

A few years ago, Eckerds built an entire drugstore building on the corner of Bay Area & El Camino across the street from a CVS, and down the street from a Walgreen's, only to have CVS buy out Eckerds as soon as it was completed... And since there was a CVS directly across the street, it sat there. For years. With the lights on.

This morning, I saw that it's being torn down to build a Wachovia.

Seriously?

Wow.

A few years ago, Eckerds built an entire drugstore building on the corner of Bay Area & El Camino across the street from a CVS, and down the street from a Walgreen's, only to have CVS buy out Eckerds as soon as it was completed... And since there was a CVS directly across the street, it sat there. For years. With the lights on.

This morning, I saw that it's being torn down to build a Wachovia.

Seriously?

Wow.

Well, in all honesty, CVS used it as a warehouse - but it had been for sale for some time.

What do you think about the red light cameras there? I saw this morning, someone had a sign that said "Big Brother is Watching You!"

What do you think about the red light cameras there? I saw this morning, someone had a sign that said "Big Brother is Watching You!"

Yeah, I saw that too! :)

I read in the Chronicle that that camera has caught the most people running that light than the others!

I usually only go that way in the mornings... and traffic really isn't moving fast enough to run that light, even unintentionally for me.

Yeah, I saw that too! :)

I read in the Chronicle that that camera has caught the most people running that light than the others!

I usually only go that way in the mornings... and traffic really isn't moving fast enough to run that light, even unintentionally for me.

It is interesting - my family and I were stopped at that light at night, and saw the flashes on the cameras going off as people repeatedly ran the lights - in all four directions!!!

As far the bank - I drove by there yesterday, and it looks like they are just tearing part of it down.

• The title was changed to Clear Lake Eckerds On Bay Area & El Camino
  • The title was changed to Clear Lake Eckerds On Bay Area & El Camino St.

Archived