Korea Town

Trae

Is Houston's Korea Town in Spring Branch. I went through that area last week, and had to pick up my cousin at the Spring Branch Head Start. After you make that right on Longpoint, you see a lot of Korean owned businesses. So, is that part of town Korea Town? I actually like the area better than the Chinatown along Bellaire Blvd because of the tall, shady trees.

Is Houston's Korea Town in Spring Branch. I went through that area last week, and had to pick up my cousin at the Spring Branch Head Start. After you make that right on Longpoint, you see a lot of Korean owned businesses. So, is that part of town Korea Town? I actually like the area better than the Chinatown along Bellaire Blvd because of the tall, shady trees.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH, TRAE!!! I've been looking for Korea Town since I've gotten back from Daegu. Only thing close to it that I've found so far is across the stree from Sharpstown Mall (one Korean video rental store, a Korean grocery store, a Korean restaurant, and um, that's about it).

I'm still studying Hangul, and REALLY want to find the community to perhaps find a tutor so I can get proficient. Thanx a million, yo!

20,000 Cool-point bonus to Trae and Jeebus!

any recommendations on a "user friendly" korean restaurant for beginners? i've wanted to try korean cuisine for some time.

Nam Gang (or something like that) just at the left hand side of Gessner going N as you reach Long Point was pretty friendly and tasty and quite good. Bul-go-gi...love the stuff!

• 4 months later...
Nam Gang (or something like that) just at the left hand side of Gessner going N as you reach Long Point was pretty friendly and tasty and quite good. Bul-go-gi...love the stuff!

Try Aireerang restaurant right next to Chase Bank(Bellaire and Corporate). Huge building. You can't miss it. Forgot which dish, but it came with 12 sides dishes as part of the meal. Someting like 8 bucks.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
DFW has almost twice the amount of Koreans as the Houston Metro area

DFW - 18, 123

Houston Metro - 10, 341

These are old numbers from the 2000 census, but still you get a good idea on the figures.

Also considering DFW has about 500,000 more people. Houston is the diverse and international city in Texas. Houston, as a whole, as more Asians than all of DFW by over 30,000. That is with us having 500,000 less in population.

Also considering DFW has about 500,000 more people. Houston is the diverse and international city in Texas. Houston, as a whole, as more Asians than all of DFW by over 30,000. That is with us having 500,000 less in population.

Houston's Asian population is larger than DFW's, no doubt, but its not as diverse as one might think. There are a lot of Chinese, Vietnamese, Phillipino, & Indian in Houston, but thats about the extent of it. The Metroplex has more Laotian, Thai, Cambodian, & Korean than Houston.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Your wrong there man.

Trae, Metro Matt has it right about Dallas. It's Korean population is far bigger and more established than what you'll find in any other Southern city except Atlanta (which had close to 30,000 in 2000). I remember visiting Dallas in 1991 with my mom (I was only 8 at the time), and was astounded to find Royal Lane to be almost a carbon-coby of Buford Highway, which even in the early 90's was quite established. Royal Lane probably still looks like that today, but if Dallas' Korean community has done like Atlanta's, it's spread out tremendously since then.

Houston's no slouch though in the overall Asian department, that I'll give credit to.

Archived