ID a building please

Does anyone have any information on the building on the right of this picture (taken from another topic)?

republicspire.jpg

I have this "thing" for MCM turquoise buildings. A couple of weeks ago I was in Dallas and we were checking it out, but I couldn't find the name. It seemed to be vacant.

Does anyone have any information on the building on the right of this picture (taken from another topic)?

republicspire.jpg

I have this "thing" for MCM turquoise buildings. A couple of weeks ago I was in Dallas and we were checking it out, but I couldn't find the name. It seemed to be vacant.

That's 211 N. Ervay and it is vacant. Rumors have circulated that it either be redeveloped as apartments or possibly demolished for a park. Right now, don't know which is true, but I hope it's saved.

This thread at Dallas Metropolis discusses the building:

http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/showthre...53&page=1&pp=40

Thanks for the info and link. :)

That was an interesting discussion about whether buildings like this can be saved. It has great style, but lack of parking and narrow footprint limits the redevelopment possibilities. It is always surprising in cases like this when downtown buildings sit vacant for long periods, even decades.

Archived