Taylor Woodrow And Darling Homes

sttombiz

my family is looking to buy in the seven meadows community of katy and we have narrowed it down between 2 builders, taylor woodrow and darling homes. I was wondering if there have been any complaints filed against them or if the board as any info on the two builders besides for what is posted on Better Business Bureau. Thanks.

Sttombiz,

What stood out in your family's mind between Taylor Woodrow and Darling Homes? There are a few other builders in there such as Partners in Building, Fairmont Homes, Meritage, and David Weekly for example. Just curious???

Scharpe St Guy

my family is looking to buy in the seven meadows community of katy and we have narrowed it down between 2 builders, taylor woodrow and darling homes. I was wondering if there have been any complaints filed against them or if the board as any info on the two builders besides for what is posted on Better Business Bureau. Thanks.

the sections which darling and taylor woodrow build, in our opinion, look better than any other sections of seven meadows. also, the fact that darling and taylor woodrow seem to take extreme pride in their home building by the way the houses look completed. finally, the other homes are nothing to look at; they are just plain cookie cutter designs like all of weekely's subdivisions.

but I wanted to know if darling and taylor woodrow had any complaints against them, or if there is anything a buyer should be weary of from these two builders

the fact that darling and taylor woodrow seem to take extreme pride in their home building by the way the houses look completed

Lots and lots of builders build good homes if you only judge it when it is done. The true test of quality is what things loook like DURING construction. You can hide a lot of crap behind drywall, brick, and some moulding.

I was never around for the building process. I just see the finished homes in seven meadows. thats what I was wondering. are darling and taylor woodrow known for shoddy construction or are they geniuenly good builders?

because kickerillo is a piece of garbage and the same goes for lennar and anything lennar based. david weekley and powers trained under kickerillo so no luck there.

meritage is the only other one that builds in our price range but their homes look like those of david weekley (bland and not inviting)

• 1 month later...
I was never around for the building process. I just see the finished homes in seven meadows. thats what I was wondering. are darling and taylor woodrow known for shoddy construction or are they geniuenly good builders?

because kickerillo is a piece of garbage and the same goes for lennar and anything lennar based. david weekley and powers trained under kickerillo so no luck there.

meritage is the only other one that builds in our price range but their homes look like those of david weekley (bland and not inviting)

Do not know if you are still in the market but I bought a Darling spec home in February this year and the wife and I are very satisfied with it. They have gone far beyond what I ever figured they would do to make us happy. Example; Remember this is a spec house. The three car garage we had came with just one light fixture in the whole thing. Because our front porch was not level (not really that noticeable to anyone but my wife) They agreed to putting in three flourcent light fixture instead of leveling out the porch. Cost for lighting was $475.00. They also added a switchable outlet on the landing above the entry way. Since all they were going to do on the porch was put a thin layer of "special" cement on top I think I came out ahead.

• The title was changed to Taylor Woodrow And Darling Homes

Archived