Avalon Terrance On FM 518?

I visited it this past weekend and it looked like a nice little community. David Weekly is making half of the homes there and look pretty nice, Pioneer is making the others. The homeowners association is 510 a year but it includes monthly alarm monitoring.

Any input on that small section of the Pearland area?

Avalon Terrace is a nice alternative to Silverlake/Sunrise Lakes/South Hampton etc., without any chance of MUD taxes since it is the city limits already. It is same distance to 288 and and the Beltway via Cullen. They seem to have done a good job with their amenities as well. As for the HOA, it's about the same as mine in Silverlake. The home pricing is just about right for the area, and Weekly and Pioneer are reputable enough. Looks like a good investment for new homes on the West end of town.

Avalon Terrace is a nice alternative to Silverlake/Sunrise Lakes/South Hampton etc., without any chance of MUD taxes since it is the city limits already. It is same distance to 288 and and the Beltway via Cullen. They seem to have done a good job with their amenities as well. As for the HOA, it's about the same as mine in Silverlake. The home pricing is just about right for the area, and Weekly and Pioneer are reputable enough. Looks like a good investment for new homes on the West end of town.

Thank you for the input.

My parents live in Silverlake but their HOA doesnt monitor the alarm system, what are are you in?

I'm going to take another look at Avalon Terrance tomorrow, got any input on Autumn Lake?

Someone I know recently bought in Avalon Terrace and she has been happy. I like the house and the neighborhood. From what I hear they are selling very well.

:D I just signed a purchase agreement last night on a david weekly home. I can back out with relative ease, but it seems very nice and worth it. House will take 4 months to build, but I'm pretty confident with that area.

• 1 year later...

Thought I might revive this thread because Avalon Terrace is still expanding and I took a hard look at buying there recently. I eventually decided to build in one of the MPCs west of 288 instead, and not in Avalon Terrace. However, I'll share the information I learned for others. I'll list PROs and CONs, but they are only pros and cons from my perspective. Interpret them as you will.

PROs:

1. Lower taxes (no MUD)

2. Beautiful David Weekley home plans

3. Pearland school district

4. Home security system monitoring paid for by HOA dues.

5. Lower HOA dues than MPCs in west Pearland

CONs:

1. Too far from 288 (literally 15-20 minutes in any kind of normal traffic).

2. The developers will not be building any kind of wall or fence around the perimeter of the property. While it is bordered on one side by a cemetary (quiet), it is bordered on other sides by industry and retail (noisy). Plus no fence or wall is an invitation to stray animals, trespassers, and burglars.

3. The beautiful open-grass side fields on either side of the main Avalon Terrace entrance will soon be replaced by retail business. That's right, the land on both sides of the main entrance is zoned for retail development. I feel really sorry for the folks with homes on that first street facing 518, when this happens.

4. David Weekley will raise the prices on their new construction soon (or so their sales agent told me).

4. David Weekley will raise the prices on their new construction soon (or so their sales agent told me).

You better buy TODAY!!!

They might raise their prices, but that just means they'll have to increase their incentives, too.

I've never been in Avalon Terrace, but my wife has a friend there and they like it. I don't think it's 20 minutes from 288 - take Cullen to BW8 to 288. Done. It might be 20 mins to 518 and 288. I avoid 518 as much as possible when I go to visit friends in the "interior".

I think we're going to move to Pearland in 2008.

It might be 20 mins to 518 and 288. I avoid 518 as much as possible when I go to visit friends in the "interior".

You are probably right, the 20 minutes I quoted was taking 518 directly west to 288. Your alternate route is faster if you are going somewhere other than west Pearland, but there are some good amenities due west on 518. It shouldn't take 20 minutes to go 4 miles, but that's the reality there.

The community itself is cute. However, I don't care for the apartments right across the street. They will probably go "downhill" in a few years.

Good point. Personally, I think I'd be more scared of that cement factory (or whatever it is) along the east edge of the subdivision. No telling what kind of noise and pollution it generates.

It doesn't take a real-estate expert to see that Avalon Terrace is being carved out of a less-than-optimal location. Actually it's pretty apparent when you see the site plan that shows that farm (complete with barns) right in the middle of the two sections. Perhaps this is an example of why a bigger MPC is a better choice for location. Just my opinion.

Good point. Personally, I think I'd be more scared of that cement factory (or whatever it is) along the east edge of the subdivision. No telling what kind of noise and pollution it generates.

It doesn't take a real-estate expert to see that Avalon Terrace is being carved out of a less-than-optimal location. Actually it's pretty apparent when you see the site plan that shows that farm (complete with barns) right in the middle of the two sections. Perhaps this is an example of why a bigger MPC is a better choice for location. Just my opinion.

ITA!

• The title was changed to Avalon Terrance On FM 518?

Archived