26, 29, or 31 Flrs?

DMac

Two Shell Plaza

Houston, TX

Completed in 1972, Two Shell Plaza is a 26-story, 565,075-square-foot office building containing 17 office levels, 12 parking levels and two commercial levels. The exterior as well as interior of the building are clad in travertine marble. Houston's extensive tunnel system links Two Shell Plaza to other major downtown office buildings as well as a variety of shops and restaurants. Hines sold One and Two Shell Plaza in third quarter 2004 and continues to manage the property.

Christ, here we go again w/counting floors. :unsure:

DO the math. 17 & 12 do not add up to 26 and don't forget the 2 commerical floors.

Oops, I'm calling them floors and whom ever wrote this statement are calling them levels.

Needs to be some uniformity in the commerical real estate industry.

I mean geez. Don't these people ever proof read what they write/type up?

Dmac, apparently "Stories" begin at ground level, not basement level. The parking garage is underground, so they don't count. Not all 12 levels mind you, but a few I'm sure. I would guess 5 levels underground.

• 4 weeks later...
Dmac, apparently "Stories" begin at ground level, not basement level. The parking garage is underground, so they don't count. Not all 12 levels mind you, but a few I'm sure. I would guess 5 levels underground.

Refer to the elevator of that building. Whatever they label the top floor is what I would go by. Just my 2 cents worth.

Archived