9059 Gaylord St

I think Bludorn Hospitality is leasing (or is in negotiations to lease) 9059 Gaylord St.  It's possible the hospitality team will open a restaurant here. Still, I could be wrong. Maybe more concrete information will be available soon.

Bludorn Hospitality is a Houston-based restaurant group from chef/owner Aaron Bludorn. The group operates Bludorn at 807 Taft St and Navy Blue at 2445 Times Blvd.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 3:22 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think Bludorn Hospitality is leasing (or is in negotiations to lease) 9059 Gaylord St.  It's possible the hospitality team will open a restaurant here. Still, I could be wrong. Maybe more concrete information will be available soon.

Bludorn Hospitality is a Houston-based restaurant group from chef/owner Aaron Bludorn. The group operates Bludorn at 807 Taft St and Navy Blue at 2445 Times Blvd.

Bludorn Hospitality Group is planning a new food & beverage concept in Hedwig Village.

Renovations are underway at 9059 Gaylord St and the next door unit at 9061 Gaylord. The 9061 Gaylord space was previously home to local restaurant Jonathan's the Rub, before relocating to 9090 Katy Freeway in 2021. Bludorn and team are leasing both spaces, likely combining them into a single unit.

As for the concept, I'm unsure. I don't know if it will be a restaurant, a bar, or a combination of the two.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

On 3/17/2023 at 1:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Bludorn Hospitality Group is planning a new food & beverage concept in Hedwig Village.

Renovations are underway at 9059 Gaylord St and the next door unit at 9061 Gaylord. The 9061 Gaylord space was previously home to local restaurant Jonathan's the Rub, before relocating to 9090 Katy Freeway in 2021. Bludorn and team are leasing both spaces, likely combining them into a single unit.

As for the concept, I'm unsure. I don't know if it will be a restaurant, a bar, or a combination of the two.

Bludorn Hospitality Group's forthcoming project at 9059 Gaylord is rumored to be a bar & grill or a gastropub. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/17/2023 at 1:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 3/20/2023 at 10:26 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Bludorn Hospitality Group's forthcoming project at 9059 Gaylord is rumored to be a bar & grill or a gastropub. 

Bludorn Hospitality Group issued a press release yesterday regarding their new concept in Hedwig Village.

The hospitality group's latest venture is a "nearly 5,000-square-foot space,"  according to Eater Houston. As mentioned in above posts a few weeks ago, the concept will be located at 9059 Gaylord St and the next door unit at 9061 Gaylord. The 9061 Gaylord space was previously home to local restaurant Jonathan's the Rub.

Below is more from Houston Chronicle:

"It doesn’t have a name yet but a new restaurant from the partners behind Bludorn and Navy Blue are plotting their third concept, set for a late 2023 opening in the Memorial area.

Business partners Victoria Pappas Bludorn, Aaron Bludorn, and Cherif Mbodji announced Thursday they are taking the former Jonathan’s the Rub spot in Hedwig Village for a new “classic, upscale tavern” restaurant."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/bludorn-team-third-restaurant-hedwig-village-17869484.php

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/28/2023 at 2:37 PM, hindesky said:

4T1zwPd.pngNLGFFCT.png

Bludorn Hospitality confirms its forthcoming dining concept is named Bar Bludorn. According to a Houston Chronicle, the restaurant is located at  9061 Gaylord Dr (although an architectural barriers project filing indicates the address as 9061 Gaylord Dr, Ste 200.)

More from today's article:

The Memorial-area restaurant, located at 9061 Gaylord in Hedwig Village, aims to be an upscale tavern with an opening slated for early 2024... [Alexandra] Peña described the space as “cozy and inviting” with lots of dark wood and earth tones filling the dining room and bar. There is an open kitchen, which is a part of Bludorn and Navy Blue.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/bar-bludorn-houston-opening-soon-18549972.php

A website for Bar Bludorn recently launched. There is also an Instagram for the restaurant.

As previously noted, Bar Bludorn is Bludorn Hospitality's latest dining concept. Located at 9061 Gaylord Dr, Suite 200, the Hedwig Village eatery bills itself as a "classic, upscale neighborhood restaurant." Bar Bludorn aims to open in 2024.

https://www.barbludorn.com

https://www.instagram.com/barbludornhtx

• The title was changed to 9059 Gaylord St
  • 2 weeks later...

Bar Bludorn opens to the public this weekend. The upscale tavern is located at 9061 Gaylord Dr.

More on the design from a CultureMap article published today:

In terms of design, the restaurant takes part of its inspiration from the bar at Bludorn. Details include walnut paneling, hunter green banquettes, and terrazzo floors.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/bar-bludorn-opening-memorial/

More coverage on Houston Chronicle:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/bar-blurdorn-houston-opening-19368399.php

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Below are interior photos of Bar Bludorn at 9061 Gaylord Dr. The photos were included in a press release, which CultureMap published in its coverage of the business yesterday.

Bar Bludorn is an upscale tavern from Bludorn Hospitality. The restaurant is located in Hedwig Village.

rvolhvp.jpeg

v0BOR9y.jpeg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston