Fire At Spring Branch

IronTiger

This was something I'm surprised I heard nothing about on HAIF. In Spring Branch near Long Point Road, a house caught fire on Thursday and it spread to a nearby warehouse, home of Custom Packaging & Filling. The facility had a number of petroleum based additives and pesticides, most of which went up in flames and polluting the air, or draining off into the bayou, staining it an unhealthy looking red color and killing fish. It was still burning yesterday in parts too. (I live less than 3 miles away from the facility, though was out of the "shelter in place" warning).

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/houston-chronicle/20160507/281479275623656

22 hours ago, IronTiger said:

This was something I'm surprised I heard nothing about on HAIF.

We were all waiting for you to post about it, given your (presumed) proximity to the incident. I was half expecting photos of billowing black smoke taken from in front of your residence. :)

13 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

We were all waiting for you to post about it, given your (presumed) proximity to the incident. I was half expecting photos of billowing black smoke taken from in front of your residence. :)

There was a ton of smoke eastbound on Westview and Blalock, but I was outside of the "safe shelter in place" warnings (not by much!). The general Spring Branch area stretches pretty much north of I-10 from almost close to 290 all the way to Beltway 8, so it didn't affect all of us. 

Crazy that a house fire caught an industrial facility on fire, right? Usually it's the other way around.:o 

• The title was changed to Fire At Spring Branch

Archived