Trading Buildings: Dallas vs Houston

wxman

For giggles, let's do a little switch-a-roo here:

What Dallas skyscraper do you wish you could uproot and plant in Houston? The key here is that you can't just take. We'd have to give up another building of similar size and square footage in Houston to give back. Let it begin. Why not let me go first, lol:

I wouldn't mind giving up 3 Allen Center (50 stories, 685 feet)  for their JP Morgan Chase Tower (55 stories, 738 ft). All their other buildings are simply hideous IMHO lol.

post-3807-0-55236000-1428165755.png

post-3807-0-29813500-1428165764.jpg

Gawd, yes.  Please send the MemorialHermann Tower to Baton Rouge, Midland, or Reno.  

LOL

Being a Dallas "guest" on this site..  I am pretty polite and try not to bash any Houston building.....But Jeezus yes! Everytime I look at Houston vids on youtube and see the MH Tower I'm like wtf?

It looks like a kid built a bland lego tower and stuck a giant French Tickler on top. They even went the extra mile and screwed up the name. What's so wrong with "Hermann Memorial"? :huh: Yes those cities you named would love it! haha

Back on the thread subject:

We have a ton of bland 20ish story towers in Uptown. Houston can pick 3 or 4 of them! Don't worry they keep building more.

But give us the Wells Fargo! Im sure we could put it on the SE side (not as height restricting....but not the Perot site..hopefully that's where the big daddy could be.)

...Hey it doesn't hurt to ask. :))

Watching the very first season of "Dallas" intro you can see the RT all brand new, shiny and prominent on the skyline (major buildings missing at that time) But today its kinda 50/50. I dont really like the concrete color/style and sometimes it seems out of place. Sometimes I wish they would build a RT2 and tear down the old one. RT2 should be around 750ft (vs 560ft old one) with a more elegant design. Maybe some black glass. We need black glass in our skyline. I dont know. Like I said Im kinda 50/50 on it. Nice restaurant inside though!

I kind of like it that a Dallas person is here to make the deals more "fair" (admittedly, one Whataburger for an In-N-Out isn't a fair trade. I'll throw in some taquerias). We can also spare an H-E-B too for something similar. I'm sure they'll build another one anyway.

I'd also be willing to part with the extensive downtown tunnel system for the extensive DART light rail system.

Yea not a fair trade because we already have lots of Whataburgers here :o. lol. In fact, I think Im going go get some tonight.

I still havent tried In-N-Out yet and I think we have about 6 locations. I need to check it out.

Agreed DART is looking good. Maybe being "smaller" in area has helped, yet DART links all over, not just within city limits. There are many Chicagoans here that say they are surprised how extensive it is.

Actually the building in my avatar "Cityplace" has Texas's only "Subway" underneath it. :P

I would like to trade the Oaklawn (Cedar Springs Rd) set up for the set up we have on Hyde Park Blvd. I love how the bars are open and have street facing balconies, definitely more open and the bars flow together nicely. I wouldn't specifically trade bars, but the buildings they reside in.

Archived