K1 Speed location?

innerloop

Does anyone have any information on the opening of a new indoor go-kart track in Houston called K1 Speed? They are a national chain out of California that shows a Houston location opening in early June, but they don't say where. Could they be re-opening the old indoor track off of Fountainview behind the Ferrari dealership?

They are an interesting company because they use all electric karts that are twice as powerful as traditional gas powered karts. These guys could be a real PR boost for electric cars with the younger generation.

We know : 50,000 SF and 12 minutes north of the galleria.

I'm guessing that "12 minutes" utilizes the same special traffic-free space-time continuum that the DavidWeekleys and Trendmakers out past 1960 use. 12 mins at 90mph will get you from San Felipe to Huffmeister.

Can anyone think of any large vacant former anchor out that direction. Lots of warehouse types building out that part of 290 as well.

My guess is 290 and SpringCypress rd.

We know : 50,000 SF and 12 minutes north of the galleria.

I'm guessing that "12 minutes" utilizes the same special traffic-free space-time continuum that the DavidWeekleys and Trendmakers out past 1960 use. 12 mins at 90mph will get you from San Felipe to Huffmeister.

Can anyone think of any large vacant former anchor out that direction. Lots of warehouse types building out that part of 290 as well.

My guess is 290 and SpringCypress rd.

I'm thining 290 at James R Muse Parkway.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the secrecy is supposed to build the excitement. I'll let the cat out of the bag. It will be at 14900 NW Freeway (290 & West Little York). I assume it will be in the formerly vacant spot across the parking lot from Fajita Willie's.

I've been to a lot of indoor tracks in my day and the Austin K1 track is about as good as any one I have ever visited. Very excited that this will be in Houston.

So I've been wondering where this location has been for awhile......... 12 minutes north of galleria (reasonably with traffic). I guessed Marqee center or NW mall since they're some construction going on around there......... come to find out they underestimated traffic most definitely. Today I rolled by on 290 and saw the K1speed van and banners @ West Little York and 290 across the highway from Lonestar Community College. So there you guys go! Cats outta the bag.

The potential for K1 Speed over Track21 (in addition to being way closer to the city) is that they have racing leagues for serious karters. Actual gridded races as opposed to running against the clock. So I have my fingers crossed that they'll have the racing at the Houston location too.

The potential for K1 Speed over Track21 (in addition to being way closer to the city) is that they have racing leagues for serious karters. Actual gridded races as opposed to running against the clock. So I have my fingers crossed that they'll have the racing at the Houston location too.

This is awesome. I'll definitely have to check it out!

Archived