Question About Tax Base/Home Builders

hbcu

I was looking in the Savannah Community off Highway 6 and looked at the mortgage calculator for a home I liked....The range was around $270K or so. Am I correct that taxes for homes in that range are nearly $800 a month or more? Is it because its Rosharon? Brazoria County?

As for homebuilders, I was looking in Southfork and ran across this home builder named Cervelle Homes....I noticed these homes have the same amount of square footage and more garage space than alot of the higher priced homes in the area but for a cheaper price. Are these homes of good quality?

I was looking in the Savannah Community off Highway 6 and looked at the mortgage calculator for a home I liked....The range was around $270K or so. Am I correct that taxes for homes in that range are nearly $800 a month or more? Is it because its Rosharon? Brazoria County?

As for homebuilders, I was looking in Southfork and ran across this home builder named Cervelle Homes....I noticed these homes have the same amount of square footage and more garage space than alot of the higher priced homes in the area but for a cheaper price. Are these homes of good quality?

I think you can search for the tax info directly from Brazoria CAD by subdivision now, it should help getting a better estimate.

Brazoria CAD

In the local area Cervelle builds in SouthFork & SouthGate. Yes, they are quality homes. The garages that look like barns are the unique part of their concept. The garages can be finished to be whatever you like - additional rooms, work space.... I don't think you can get a better home for the price per square foot anywhere else in the area.

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a home in the Southgate community on August 1st - built by Cervelle.

My father lives in this neighborhood, as well as an uncle. They have been here for a few years and have had no problems with their houses.

As mentioned, the barns can be used for various things - for the home I purchased the former owners finished it out with a bathroom and upper room area. i plan on making it a man cave.

So far I love it here - the community is pretty quiet, and everyone has been nice so far.

• The title was changed to Question About Tax Base/Home Builders

Archived