Back In The Bayou, Need Work

Hi y'all...well, I recently came back to Houston and started looking for work...but am not having much luck. For the past 3 years I have owned and operated a recording studio in Austin. I had to close it last month because of how slow things are in Austin. While recording and mixing music is what I love to do and know how to do very well...as an owner of 2 small businesses (I also co-own a record label which is very much in operation still)...I know how to manage money, time, resources and people. I am also familiar with some PR, advertising and marketing. I am currently up in the NW side of town and the kicker is that I dont have a car (I am in the middle of restoring a 68 Firebird B) ). So a job would need to be kind of in the area. I do have limited access to a car and for the past 3 years have biked it to work...so I am willing to do that.

If ANYONE thinks they might have a use for me...especially if it has to do with studio and music production...but also open to other jobs...email me and I will send my resume out. My email is david@republicstudios.com

NOW, my younger brother is also trying to relocate and look for work in Houston. He has a lot more "everyday" skills than me I suppose (there arent recording studios in every office building :blink: ). He is looking for a system admin job...he is VERY good with computers, Mac, PC, Linux, networks, servers, etc. I have his resume, so if anyone knows of a job that requires that kind of skill...PLEASE email me and I will send you his resume.

Thanks yall.

David ATX, I could put your resume in a few hands here in the local area. It would be in audio engineering.

I can't make any promises but I can certainly let some friends know you have experience. I actually know of one studio off of HWY 6 and 290 that is looking for at least part time help.

If you would list what type of Software based systems you've worked with ie, Pro Tools etc. Also what kind of outboard gear your familiar with.

Soooooo, anyone know of some job opportunities for my bro? As I mentioned before, I can send his resume to anyone that thinks they might know of something. He really knows his computer stuff...big on mac and linux, but also has been on PC's since he was knee high.

Help a brotha' out!

Thanks.

Archived