Pro Stadium Health Dept Violations

20thStDad

I found this interesting. The 3 major ones in Houston were in the 3% to 26% (of vendors in violation) range.

http://sports.espn.g...diumconcessions

Minute Maid Park: 3% of vendors in violation - "One location with a self-service buffet received a critical violation for not having sneeze guards in place."

Toyota Center: 13% - "At one stand, knives were put back into a knife rack without being cleaned."

Reliant Stadium: 26% - "In September 2009, inspectors responded to a complaint that a 3-year-old boy got food poisoning from a concession hot dog. They checked out the stand the next day and found no violations. They could not confirm the complaint."

Wow, in Dallas things are way worse:

American Airlines Center: 40% - "Expired milk, brown lettuce and employees caught drinking or eating while they were working in the stand accounted for some of the stadium's critical violations."

Rangers Ballpark: 62% - "One pizza vendor incurred 12 critical violations, mostly for improper food temperatures and for not preventing possible contamination."

...and Texas' worst - Cowboys Stadium: 72% - "In its first season, Cowboys Stadium had a relatively high percentage of critical violations, including several for inadequate hand-washing facilities. At one kiosk, hot dogs were 71 degrees, almost half the required holding temperature of 135 degrees."

All but 1 of the facilities in the 75-100% (vendors in violation) range are in Florida. The 2 sites with 100% of vendors in violation are Tropicana Field (Tampa Rays) and the Verizon Center (Washington Wizards).

Not to converse with myself, but I just had another thought that it would be interesting to see the stats by the food providers (Aramark, Centerplate, etc.) since they actually run the show. Any obvious trends could be newsworthy and worth a lot when the next stadium food contract is up for bid.

These days with the complete lack of cleanliness in most of Houston's eateries that's not saying much. Utter filth.

What? I travel all the time and find "most of Houston's eateries" to be very clean compared to many cities.

Archived