Meadows At Memorial Townhomes

TforTx

Due to a change in maritial status I will be moving from Katy and have decided to rent for a year- and my budget will be limited. I work in the Heights and considered moving there (garage apt.) but I really want to be closer to Katy and my children. I found several townhomes for rent in the Meadows at Memorial. I really like the location next to Terry Hershey park, and it's equidistant from Katy and my office.

The complex is older that most in the area and does not have many amenities but it is such a great location. The apartment ratings are awful but there is nothing posted for the last 2 years. It appears that each 4 plex is now individually owned. I don't know if that's good or bad. . And yes, I know crime can happen anywhere but it does happen in some places more than others. Reading the reviews, I wonder if the reasonable rents are due to increased crime or simply a perception of increased crime. I've always thought of that general area as having little crime,figured mostly property crime, and I'm a 50 year old male who has lived in a few questionable areas in my time so I take the reviews with a grain of salt. But - I just noticed that a someone was shot during a robbery in Terry Hershey several months ago. Has the Westchase Katrina influx filtered west as some say?

Who the hell robs a cyclist anyway? You're lucky if he is even carrying his wallet.

Yeah, I always figure I'm pretty safe from robbery because I'm not exactly the flashy type, but someone that would shoot you for an i-pod, well, that's scary.

Ive had a few friends live here over the years. It is a GREAT place for the price! Let me repeat, for the price. Maybe a little light on the Yuppie clientele but you can't beat the location (if you work in the Energy Corridor), the schools (you can apply to SBISD from here), and the park (Terry Hershey is at your front door!!!). I've noticed over the years though, that the units are changing hands and much updating is being done by the previous or new landlords, so prices may be rising. But due to its location and proximity to local amenities (walking distance to the new Kendall branch library now) I can't see why more people don't live here.

Ive had a few friends live here over the years. It is a GREAT place for the price! Let me repeat, for the price. Maybe a little light on the Yuppie clientele but you can't beat the location (if you work in the Energy Corridor), the schools (you can apply to SBISD from here), and the park (Terry Hershey is at your front door!!!). I've noticed over the years though, that the units are changing hands and much updating is being done by the previous or new landlords, so prices may be rising. But due to its location and proximity to local amenities (walking distance to the new Kendall branch library now) I can't see why more people don't live here.

The rent is still very reasonable for the ones available now. As expected, the updated units are a bit more but seem like a great value based on my search so far.

• The title was changed to Meadows At Memorial Townhomes

Archived