Rain gutter recommendations

Just bought a house in the Oak Forest area and we'd like to put in some rain gutters. Does anyone have recommendations or recent experience with gutter installations? I've seen brands like guttermax, leafguard, seamless, etc... out there but wondering if anyone has positive or negative experiences with these or any others. Thanks.

I used Sundance Gutters and am very happy with the job. For the money, the others arent worth it in my opinion. I think my friend paid like 8k for a 1200 sq ft house for one of the expensive brands. Lifetime cleaning (it has leafguards?). I spent around 3k for about 80% of a 2900 sqft house.

I personally think gutters are a waste of money unless you use them with a rain water recovery system (or you have a stucco home). But if you are going to get them make sure you get one that attaches by some sort of clip system and not with spikes and ferrules. Also high quality aluminum gutters are at least .032 inches thick.

I personally think gutters are a waste of money unless you use them with a rain water recovery system (or you have a stucco home). But if you are going to get them make sure you get one that attaches by some sort of clip system and not with spikes and ferrules. Also high quality aluminum gutters are at least .032 inches thick.

Actually the plan includes getting some rain barrels to capture some of the runoff but also to help control where the water runoff is directed. When a deluge does happen (thankfully we got some rain today), I've watched rain run off the roof in sheets and waterfalls that eventually allows water begin to pond up against the back of the foundation. The water does eventually drain away from against house and dow the driveway once the rain stops but it is a little disheartening watching water slowly rise against the foundation. The gutters we want to put in are part of a larger plan that includes french drains and minor regrading of the backyard to help with drainage.

I used Sundance Gutters and am very happy with the job. For the money, the others arent worth it in my opinion. I think my friend paid like 8k for a 1200 sq ft house for one of the expensive brands. Lifetime cleaning (it has leafguards?). I spent around 3k for about 80% of a 2900 sqft house.

Our house is about 2100sqft and one story so that gives me an idea on a pricepoint. Thanks for the info.

Our house is about 2100sqft and one story so that gives me an idea on a pricepoint. Thanks for the info.

make sure and specify where you want the downspouts to go so that your future drainage plans will be easier. also with a roof your size, get the larger capacity gutters and downspouts so you won't have overflow worries.

Archived