Sign in to follow this  
rbwamsley

Memorial High School zoning

Hello everyone,

This post is probably going to be quiet different than others in this area, in the aspect that I was born and raised in Houston. My wife and I have been searching for a home for the past 6-8 months on HAR in Memorial High School zoning north of I-10. The problem is we are not finding anything that we can afford (below $300K), so I am hoping someone here could possiblely lend a hand. I have looked at the zoning line maps on SBISD, but sometimes these maps don't include all areas. My question for y'all is if you know any pockets in this area? Maybe a place where the zoning line is through a neighborhood or where one side of the street is Memorial and the other is a different school. If you know of anytthing or have any advice, please let me know. If you dont want to post it here, I understand, please email me or PM me.

Thank you in advance,

Blake

rbwamsley@gmail.com

Edited by rbwamsley

Hello everyone,

This post is probably going to be quiet different than others in this area, in the aspect that I was born and raised in Houston. My wife and I have been searching for a home for the past 6-8 months on HAR in Memorial High School zoning north of I-10. The problem is we are not finding anything that we can afford (below $300K), so I am hoping someone here could possiblely lend a hand. I have looked at the zoning line maps on SBISD, but sometimes these maps don't include all areas. My question for y'all is if you know any pockets in this area? Maybe a place where the zoning line is through a neighborhood or where one side of the street is Memorial and the other is a different school. If you know of anytthing or have any advice, please let me know. If you dont want to post it here, I understand, please email me or PM me.

Thank you in advance,

Blake

rbwamsley@gmail.com

The problem is everyone wants to go to that school. It's even hard to find houses under 300k,that are liveable, that go to Stratford. You could find a townhouse for that price range. North of the freeway is cheaper, but not that cheap if it's zoned to MHS. I know it's frustrating, but there's no trick to how to get in. There are no "grey" streets, no transfers. Heck, most of the those streets north of I-10, that are zoned to MHS, weren't a few years back. There was a major uproar about it, and some are still not happy.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Ok, I just looked at HAR.COM. Does this not work for you? http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;Address=1522 Glourie

It's small, but you can't be too picky in that price range if you want that school. Some builder will buy it and build a million dollar house soon enough

Edited by KatieDidIt

Well if you can settle for a town home, there are tons south of i-10 zoned to MHS in a great community called Ethans Glen. The address is anything off of Litchfield. You can even go for bigger in a gated community called Woodstone. The address for Woodstone is 201 Vanderpool

I just did a HAR search for "all types" of homes in the 77024 and 77055 zipcodes under $300K, and both had pages of stuff. Mostly townhouses in the 024 south of I10, a mix of stuff on the north side in 055. Not every property in either of those zips is zoned to Memorial High School, but most of them are. If schools were my priority, I'd probably opt for one of the Ethan's Glen or Woodstone townhomes as mentioned above, or one of the smaller single family homes north of I10. I don't see the property values of either dropping in the future.