Eastwood Home With Tons Of Potential

Sad story of why the long-time owners (my neighbors) are selling their house, but this house is a real diamond in the rough. Nice layout (3 bedrooms), all hardwoods, and I think it has most of the original features still intact. I haven't been inside yet (waiting for the open house), but this is what my other neighbors have told me. I live on the same block, and the house reminds me of mine when I bought it...just sad and neglected, but with good bones and great neighbors.

I believe there is an addition on the back that should probably come off, and IMO the price should be further discounted to reflect that. We don't have a lot of sales in this part of Eastwood, so I imagine pricing homes is tough for realtors that don't know the area well.

We are really hoping to get a neighbor who wants to invest and improve like many of the rest of us have invested in our properties. The street is an eclectic mix of original single family and multi-family, very much that melting pot we all talk about wanting inside the loop.

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=4182898

How bad is the train noise around there? Isn't that the place where the trains sit across the road all the time and you get stuck coming and going?

The train noise actually isn't bad at all. Looking on Google maps, you would think it would be worse simply due to proximity, but we don't even notice it. The train volume is down considerably from when we bought in late 2007 (not sure why). We have original wood windows, and lots of them, and it isn't a big deal. I know that the intersection is on the list for a quiet zone, but it sounded like it would be a few years before it is implemented (made the priority list, but there are others ahead of it).

AFAIK, the train doesn't sit across the road very often (though I have seen it happen). It oftentimes goes slowly, but they are good about parking it just outside of the crossing gate triggers. There is actually a shortcut behind the former Finger's store that locals take.

Our section of Eastwood also doesn't get the car and pedestrian traffic that the surrounding area gets. I guess having the water department at one end and Cage Elementary at the other end helps greatly.

It's a real shame - just one month too late. I was just one month too late for the other house (the yellow two-story w/ all front yard) when looking, and now this listing is one month too late. That one appears to have everything I want, and is right in my range.

I really liked that section a lot, but with loan rates moving up rapidly, I had to find something soon, and now I'm closing on a great little bungalow in Idylwood this week.

I do feel ya though - that's a great section of Eastwood, and I really wish that listing or another one nearby had come up 30 days ago.

If you don't mind though, when I was doing some research, there seemed to be a bit of an "anomaly" last fall on the 4200 block. It had me hugely concerned when I was looking, as there seemed to be a series of incidents and I couldn't find out any more info. I guess it doesn't matter at this point, as I'm no longer looking, but if you wouldn't mind illuminating me via pm, that would be great for curing my curiosity.

Thanks,

!c

If you don't mind though, when I was doing some research, there seemed to be a bit of an "anomaly" last fall on the 4200 block. It had me hugely concerned when I was looking, as there seemed to be a series of incidents and I couldn't find out any more info. I guess it doesn't matter at this point, as I'm no longer looking, but if you wouldn't mind illuminating me via pm, that would be great for curing my curiosity.

Thanks,

!c

You mean like criminal activity or something? The 4200 block I guess technically exists, but AFAIK it is the water department's property with Jefferson as a cut-through.

You mean like criminal activity or something? The 4200 block I guess technically exists, but AFAIK it is the water department's property with Jefferson as a cut-through.

Yup, there were a couple of incidents that seemed out of the norm on that block (according to crime maps), with a couple of houses going up for sale within a couple of weeks after the incident, right around the block 'address-wise'. Seemed almost like they were related, but you know - it's really easy to confuse coincidence and cause. =)

!c

• The title was changed to Eastwood Home With Tons Of Potential

Archived