Katy Veterinarian

Paloma

Hi! My husband and I will be getting a new puppy soon and are in need of a veterinarian in Katy (preferably Cinco Ranch/ 99 area). Does anyone have a vet they would recommend? We would like someone who does a great job, but doesn't charge astronomical fees. Thanks! :)

Hi! My husband and I will be getting a new puppy soon and are in need of a veterinarian in Katy (preferably Cinco Ranch/ 99 area). Does anyone have a vet they would recommend? We would like someone who does a great job, but doesn't charge astronomical fees. Thanks! :)

If you haven't yet chosen your puppy, www.petfinder.org is a great place to look. You can put in the specifics of what kind, size, age of dog you want and get most anything, even full breeds. They are all rescue organizations or shelters, and the best breed of dog is the rescue breed.

Good luck with your search and happy tails to you!

I swear by Cinco Ranch Veterinary. Dr Hibler. They are off 99 on Cinco Ranch Blvd. My "girls" have been going to Dr. Hibler for 8 years. They also board & have web cams so you can check on your pet when you are gone. They are online.

Enjoy your new addition!

I swear by Cinco Ranch Veterinary. Dr Hibler. They are off 99 on Cinco Ranch Blvd. My "girls" have been going to Dr. Hibler for 8 years. They also board & have web cams so you can check on your pet when you are gone. They are online.

Enjoy your new addition!

We use Highland Knolls Veterinary, Dr.Purser and Dr. Faist. They are on Highland Knolls between Mason and Fry. Great people and excellent treatment. Dr. Purser even met me at his office on a SUnday afgternoon when I called with an emergency. In doing so, he probably saved my dogs life.

We started out using locals Vets but everything was so expensive. We have four fairly young dogs, two are show dogs.

We decided to try Banefield located in Petsmart. We set each dog up on monthly payment plans based on their needs.

Plus we love the option on walk-in appts. on Sundays.......this has been a lifesaver on more then one occasion.

Banefield does have multiple Vets but we have been pretty happy with most of them.

The puppy plan is great as the monthly fee pays for shots and eventually for nueter/spaying.

We have been using them for 4 years and all our dogs are healthy and happy.

They love to go to Petsmart with us and wonder around the store.

Note: It helps to be well educated on the breed of dog you have so you can ask the right questions.

I've had good luck taking our three dogs to Dr. Chang at the Grand Westheimer Animal Hospital. It's in a standalone building on Westheimer just east of 99; very convenient to Cinco neighborhoods.

We use Highland Knolls Veterinary, Dr.Purser and Dr. Faist. They are on Highland Knolls between Mason and Fry. Great people and excellent treatment. Dr. Purser even met me at his office on a SUnday afgternoon when I called with an emergency. In doing so, he probably saved my dogs life.

I had been taking our dogs to Highland Knolls but cannot recommend them. They seem to have alot of young kids working there and a few creepy older guys. Also we just had an incident with lead to our dogs death. We took her in on Good Friday for her vaccinations and she got real sick. Took her back that Monday and they tried treating her but they pretty much made her worse. We ended up having to put her to sleep on that Tuesday. The Vet at the Vet ER stated that just by the way her stomach hung and her age she probably had diabetes. Something our vet never found. She had a heart murmur, pancrentitis and at that point fluid was in her lungs. All of which the Vets at Highland Knolls missed. Also in the past we had bordered her there and she would come home with huge pressure sores that they would not even tell us about. They were the size of golf balls. Perhaps it was the situation but I really feel like they failed us. I'll be looking for a new Vet.

I have heard great things about the Fulshear Animal Hospital (I realize its not in Cinco Ranch), and the before mentioned Grand Westheimer Animal hospital

Just my two cents

I have been using the Pet Medical Center of Katy for the last 4 years. They are located just east of 99 on Fry Rd in a strip center with a dry cleaner, nail salon and Azzarelli's Italian Restaurant. Dr Norma Cruise and her staff are always friendly and courteous, in fact Dr Cruise helped to save a little puppy I got that we found out had parvo. One other time we were out of town on vacation and our house sitter was having problems with a dog, one of the vet techs went to our house and took her back to their office to be boarded until we returned.

I have had many vets over the years and none are as personable as Dr Cruise.

I have had many vets over the years and none are as personable as Dr Cruise.

Second for Dr. Cruz. Very nice, very thorough. She and her staff take quite a bit of time with us and are very compassionate people. I wouldn't say the prices are astronomical but they are not inexpensive; I don't think many vets are "inexpensive" any more.

Archived